Process Development Engineer
Here at INEOS Pigments, we value our teams' individual contributions in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America, and provider of products to industries around the world. We know each employee makes a difference and are proud to invest in employee development, and in turn offer many career opportunities to give our employee's the chance to broaden their experience and build a rewarding career.
As a Process Engineer on the Process Development Team, you'll provide technical support to develop innovative process technologies at the manufacturing sites to support safety, quality, production, and cost targets. You'll be responsible for understanding the process technology and managing multiple projects to drive INEOS performance goals. This position is located at the Ashtabula Complex with occasional travel to the Baltimore Research Center.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and support multiple projects to improve performance at the Ashtabula Complex by conducting lab, pilot, and plant scale trials.
- Develop, evaluate, calculate and design plant equipment and process changes to achieve safety, environmental, production, reliability, quality and cost goals.
- Develop and present project justification.
- Apply a basic understanding of maintenance practices to assist in troubleshooting and improve equipment performance and reliability with some support.
- Perform complex calculations and apply standards correctly and independently.
- Use industry and company standards to design and engineer effectively.
- Review vendor documents for specifications and datasheet requirements.
- Ensure functionality and data integrity with ability to apply statistical methods by following Six Sigma Black Belt principles.
- Effectively communicate, and prepare presentations on new technologies based on technical reports for projects.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Participate in HAZOP & PHA reviews.
- Develop Process Data Sheets and Specifications.
- Work with various functional teams, including Safety, Maintenance, Reliability, Project Engineering, Process Controls Process Safety and R&D.
What You Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; chemical engineering preferred
- A minimum of one to seven (1-7) years of demonstrated engineering experience in a manufacturing environment with preference in process development activities
- Previous experience executing projects involving multi-disciplinary teams at multiple plant sites
- Critical analytical skills and be adept at utilizing solid decision –making tools coupled with a high level of data analysis skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, SAP, Excel, Minitab
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift schedule and lift 50 lbs. primarily during trial and lab work
- Open to occasional travel about 25% of the time
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5p6QJCAlRdVuVqOcVzQE