Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence, Oncology
Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence, Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence - Solid Tumors, will support CI activities across the oncology organization. The role is focused on working with and collaborating with a broad cross-functional group of therapeutic area partners (including Commercial, Global Marketing, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Research, Regulatory, and Legal) as well as Senior Leadership. The Associate Director will be responsible for collecting, synthesizing and delivering key insights and implications to our business on the competitive environment (related both to marketed products and pipeline compounds). These activities are structured around key strategic business questions that the Associate Director will define in partnership with the Oncology CI Lead and relevant cross-functional stakeholders. Key areas of focus for this role are bladder, lung cancer, and other indications as needed, and include the strategies, programs, and capabilities of competitors in both research and promotional areas, as well as trends in the industry.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Gathering, summarizing and reporting on competitive information
- Providing context and objective analysis of competitive (commercial, clinical, and scientific) information to inform business decision-making
- Leading core CI initiatives, including: congress coverage, workshops, monitoring/news
- Creating/updating content on competitor products, launch timings, and product profiles
- Mapping and assessing competitive dynamics in key indications and/or therapeutic areas
- Communicating key competitive information and potential implications to teams and leadership throughout the organization
- Providing conference coverage and analysis of clinical data and commercial presence
- Supporting stakeholders in development of function-specific deliverables (ex: forecasts, market assessments, brand plans)
- Partnering with third party agencies to support CI projects
- Following pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to CI, protecting business interests and confidentiality
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong relationship management skills including ability to adapt communication style, content, timing and tone to audience/stakeholder needs
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment with a strong commitment to work collaboratively in a fast pace organization
- Strong oral and written communication, including history of effective written communication (including both PowerPoint and Word/email)
- Proven ability to present at and facilitate small- and large-group meetings (with peers as well as leadership) to achieve pre-defined objectives
- Ability to interpret and synthesize key data and identify broader implications
- Experience with researching, developing, and delivering CI assessments from key data/information and strategic insights
- Experience in use of online data sources and scientific/market databases (e.g., Pubmed, clinicaltrials.gov, TrialTrove, Evaluate Pharma, etc.)
- Ability to be proactive and operate with incomplete information
- Excellent task and time management skills (specifically project planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution) are required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically CI, consulting, marketing or analytics
- BA/BS degree Required, Masters, PhD or equivalent graduate degree with preference to life science backgrounds, preferred
- Experience and familiarity within oncology (preferred but not required)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Competitive-Intelligence--Oncology_R0017201-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency