Sr Stat Programmer
Sr Stat Programmer
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Statistical programmers work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external vendors to ensure the efficient, high-quality production of analysis datasets and statistical outputs for study reports and integrated summaries in support of Gilead's regulatory, scientific and business objectives.
- Provides consistency and quality assurance across various studies.
- Generates the production of statistical output (e.g., tables, listings) for study reports and integrated summaries.
- Independently identifies issues in the analysis from previous experience and knowledge.
- Collaborates with Biostatisticians, Clinical Data Management, and Clinical Research Scientists on studies and helps define the data set.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Development staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Assesses the quality and consistency of analysis data and performs cross-study analyses.
- Uses internal macros or writes SAS macros to automate study deliverables.
- Works as a primary programmer for multiple Phase 1-4 studies.
- Assists in submissions of electronic data (e.g., SAS data sets) to regulatory agencies.
- Independently develops analysis specification & programs.
- Identifies potential issues in study documentation and proposes solutions.
- Contributes to strategic initiatives.
- Assist with study and systems audits by GSI Compliance Group and external bodies, and respond to audit questions and findings
- Promote and communicate awareness of programming and the role of the Biometrics department (internal/external; scientific/process)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Has thorough knowledge of clinical trial study design and electronic data submission requirements. Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent projects.
- Having an understanding about pharmacokinetics data is preferred.
- Having R programming experience is preferred.
Education and experience:
- 5 years of experience and a BS degree in Biostatistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience and a MS degree in Biostatistics/Computer Science or equivalent.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Stat-Programmer_R0018291-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency