Senior Director, Hepatitis Delta Promotions
Senior Director, Hepatitis Delta Promotions
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Director, Hepatitis Delta Promotions, will report directly to the Executive Director of Marketing. The successful candidate will be a key leader on the Marketing and Cross-Functional team, leading the product launch and market sustainment plan of action (POA). The candidate will be responsible for the strategy and execution of HCP promotions and patient education to support a new product launch for the treatment of Hepatitis Delta. The candidate will provide strong leadership skills to set a vision, manage change and drive performance in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Develop and implement the strategic and tactical promotional plans and campaigns for HCPs and patients, including disease and product education.
- Develop the Hepatitis Delta POA for field sales teams; coordinating with Commercial Learning and Development (CL&D) and other partners to implement.
- Distill market research findings into insights that support the POA, positioning, and messaging. Coordinate with the market insights team to set the future direction for insight generation.
- Partner cross-functionally with Legal, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory, Government, and Public Affairs, leading cross-functional projects as needed to support the launch.
- Work in close conjunction with commercial operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and infrastructures.
- Collaborate with other marketing and sales leads to ensure a coordinated approach to product promotions.
- Develop marketing solutions to a wide range of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are compliant and consistent with organization objectives.
- Assist with forecasting and budget decisions. Provide recommendations for resource and marketing mix allocation.
- Identify and manage key agency partnerships to support commercial efforts.
- Lead competitive readiness planning.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Track record of performance and results as well as leading and launching brands.
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and ability to make critical decisions and recommendations among various strategic choices.
- Adept at forming and maintaining a collaborative work environment in and among cross-functional teams. Proven leadership experience, including the ability to make an impact cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mentality and be confident working within a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic environment.
- Firm command of financial management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking.
- Flexible and to travel as required by business need, including overnights and attendance at some nighttime and weekend programs.
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, a bias for action, and tangible results.
- Experience communicating with healthcare providers and educating patients across a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Possess the highest standards of compliance and complete adherence to Gilead and industry regulations. Uphold the Gilead Core Values and Leadership Commitments.
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' Experience
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- High-performing in-line/strategic marketer with the ability to set a vision and provide clear direction across diverse internal and external stakeholders. Launch experience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and using market research and clinical data to gain insights into the market and to build forecasts.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional strategies
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Hepatitis-Delta-Promotions_R0018513-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency