Senior Research Scientist I, In vivo Pharmacology
Senior Research Scientist I, In vivo Pharmacology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated In vivo Pharmacology scientist to lead ongoing and new efforts in the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents in Oncology and Immuno-oncology. The successful candidate will drive discovery and translational research aimed at identifying, characterizing, and interpreting results for novel oncology therapeutics
- Oversee development and use of mouse models of cancer to evaluate novel anticancer therapeutics,
- Manage internal and external (academic and contract research organizations) resources to deliver quality data in an efficient manner
- Lead design and execution of in vivo studies to answer key biological questions in support of projects.
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements to run an in vivo facility and to remain compliant with IACUC and AALAC regulations.
- Manage and supervise study planning, protocol design, study implementation and result publishing. Manage internal resource allocation and external collaboration if necessary.]
- Mentors scientists within to effectively engage with project teams and advance portfolio projects
- Interface with cross-functional subject matter experts, project teams, and a variety of external vendors and network of consultants to advance projects
Knowledge Experience and Skills:
- PhD in a relevant biological scientific discipline with a focus on in vivo cancer research and 3+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in immunology, oncology and/or immune-oncology, or related field
- Strong understanding of key components and process of drug discovery, applied pharmacology, and drug development.
- Strong working knowledge of oncology disease models, and current clinical treatments.
- Proven track record to run an in vivo pharmacology team. Experience in managing a broad scientific program utilizing relevant mouse tumor models (syngeneic, orthotopic, GEMMs, cell-line xenografts, PDX) and applied technologies enabling in vivo analyses.
- Experience and working knowledge in concepts including but not limited to genetic engineering, stable gene expression/knockdown platforms, cell and tumor biology, molecular profiling methodologies, histology/immunohostochemistry, FACS, in vivo imaging, etc.
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing people, and projects)
- Proven publication record
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to present projects to internal and external management teams for project decisions
- Experience authoring of technical reports, drug discovery documents, and regulatory submissions desired
- Vivarium lab is located temporarily in SSF and may relocate to peninsula area.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Research-Scientist-I--In-vivo-Pharmacology_R0018532-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency