The Qiu Lab aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinogenesis and resistance of current therapeutics for liver cancer.
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct original research using cells and mouse models to study the molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinogenesis and resistance of current therapeutics for liver cancer. The successful candidate will be expected to publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and present at national meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementation and analysis of advanced scientific research projects
- Interprets data; statistical and data analysis.
- Advises and assists with experimental design and execution.
- Collaborates with faculty and other researchers
- Participates in the preparation and writing of grant applications and reports and co-authors scientific research manuscripts
- Operates and maintains a variety of scientific instrumentation which is essential to conducting the appropriate laboratory work.
- Employs safety measures in working with hazardous chemicals, laboratory animals, etc.
- Performs proper recording of procedures related to research studies in the laboratory and for the systematic organization of experimental data including the adequate.
- Performs other duties as required