Pre-doctoral Fellow and Post-doctoral Scholar on Climate Policy-related Research
The Climate Policy Lab (CPL) at the Center for International Environment and Resource Policy (CIERP), The Fletcher School, Tufts University, is seeking pre-doctoral fellows and post-doctoral scholars to work on climate policy-related research. Focus areas include international comparative climate policy analysis, including global net zero/decarbonization policy strategies in the developing world, green industrialization, decarbonization strategies of state-owned enterprise firms, and electricity reform. U.S.-focused research will concentrate on low-carbon economic recovery and analysis of equitable social distribution of benefits.
CPL is seeking pre-doctoral research fellows and post-doctoral scholars. Research will be conducted under the supervision of Professor Kelly Sims Gallagher and/or Professor Amy Jaffe. The fellow will be assigned to research projects and work together with other CPL research fellows, with assistance from Professors Gallagher and Jaffe. In addition, when appropriate and requested, fellows and scholars will be expected to represent CPL at public events and in academic fora, and to contribute to CPL’s engagements with funders, partnering research institutions, and policy makers.
Detailed job description
- Conducting literature reviews and data analysis to support specific research projects;
- Contributing to research on comparative climate policy analysis;
– Coordinating activities, including roundtables, external seminars and internal research meetings;
- Briefing high level government officials and corporate leaders
– Drafting policy briefs;
– Producing at least two publishable academic papers;
– Attending research events at CPL.
- Composing blogs and other short form essays based on research findings and news events
- Conducting media briefings and interviews
The ideal candidate will have a highly independent research capacity, strong communications skills, and rich experience in cross-country analysis, especially involving countries in emerging markets. Opportunities to engage in large complex research programs with multiple international research partners. Applications are invited from researchers who have a PhD in an energy or climate-related field or from pre-doctoral candidates who have research experience related to energy and climate change and have already defended their dissertation proposals. Background in policy analysis, finance, data analytics, survey research, or energy-related economic modeling a plus. Foreign language proficiency also a plus. Specific interest in the climate policies of China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Ethiopia, South Africa, Turkey, Colombia, and Mexico a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experienced in working with multicultural and multidisciplinary research teams.
- Initiative and capacity to work independently as well as in team environments.
- Knowledge of energy systems or markets
This is a 9-12-month position beginning June or September 1, 2021 and ending May 31, 2022 with the possibility of renewal subject to performance and continuation of funding.
Note that if you applied in late 2020 or early 2021, we are still processing your application so there is no need to re-apply.
Interested individuals should submit the following no later than May 10, 2021.
- A cover letter demonstrating their interest and the amount of time they wish to apply for;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Contact information for two references;
- Writing sample: Please provide a research paper of minimum 5,000 words
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
For questions about this position please contact Amy Myers Jaffe, Climate Policy Lab Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all applications via Interfolio here: https://apply.interfolio.com/85965
Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply for Pre-doctoral Fellow and Post-doctoral Scholar on Climate Policy-related Research
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly