Grantham Institute Research Fellowship
The Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment at Imperial College London are excited to announce an exciting new 3-year Fellowship scheme. While those with climate science expertise will be considered favourably within the scheme, we are also interested in candidates who have interests in environmental engineering and climate finance/economics. If you are a postdoctoral researcher and completed your PhD within the last five years within these broad areas, then we could be looking for you to join our team of researchers and policy experts.
During your Fellowship you will plan, carry out, and lead an independent high-quality programme of research, which will contribute towards the Institute’s vision of a sustainable, resilient, zero-carbon future.
Throughout your Fellowship, we will provide financial support for 3 years, including a highly competitive salary, and a generous budget for research and travel expenses. You will be supported by world leading academic staff, receive training, career support and development opportunities from the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre, whilst working in a dynamic environment, with exposure to policy making and ground-breaking innovation.
Duties and responsibilities
- To take initiatives in the planning of research
- To develop contacts and research collaborations within the College and the wider community
- To promote the reputation of the Institute and the College
- To provide guidance to PhD Students
- Contribute to bids for research grants
- To actively participate in the research programme of the Institute
- To publish in high quality journals and to present data at national and
- international meetings
- To provide lectures at taught postgraduate level, within our Climate Change, Management and Finance programme
- PhD within the last 5 years in climate or environmental science, engineering, finance or economics or a closely related discipline, or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly for publication
- Ability to direct the work of a small research team and motivate others to produce a high standard of work
- Willingness to travel both within the United Kingdom and abroad to conduct research and attend conferences
This is a 3-year, full-time Fellowship.
*Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the salary range £36,045 - £39,183 per annum
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Dr Joeri Rogelj, Grantham Institute Director of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any queries about the application process, please contact Gosia Gayer, email@example.com.
Closing date: 3 May 2021
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference NAT00893.