Sr. Research Scientist
Sr. Research Scientist
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Lead and serve on analytical teams supporting clinical development of drug candidates
- Represent Analytical Core Teams (ACT) on cross-department CMC and project teams
- Prepare, gain buy-in for content and present high quality scientific/technical presentations to peers, departmental management and cross-functional teammates or stakeholders
- Lead staff and teams reporting within our Foster City facility and outside of our organization, i.e., at a contract test lab (CTL) or contract manufacturing organization (CMO)
- Identify technical solutions within Gilead's existing instrumentation footprint and leverage CTLs to access necessary expertise
- Develop methods suitable for testing of parenteral drug substance and drug products, ranging in expertise from chromatography to physicochemical tests like osmolality to biological tests like sterility
- Oversee and contribute to validation strategy, execution and data review/approval.
- Facilitate method transfer to CTLs/CMOs as guided by project requirements
- Manage GMP testing for release and stability, either at Gilead's internal facility in Foster City or at CTLs/CMOs
- Apply relevant regulatory guidance (USP, ICH, CFR) in daily work and work planning
- Support quality investigations and resolution through collaboration with manufacturing and quality to design meaningful hypothesis testing plans
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience and Ph.D. in Chemistry or BS/MS with extensive industry experience.
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry and experience in development and quality control in a highly regulated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Prior people management experience strongly preferred
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problem
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist_R0018414-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency