Sr Research Scientist I, Biomarker Flow Cytometry
Sr Research Scientist I, Biomarker Flow Cytometry
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Biomarker Sciences Assay Technologies group is seeking an experienced senior scientist to lead a flow cytometry laboratory team responsible for development, qualification and implementation of flow-based biomarker assays, both in-house and, if required, transferring to and overseeing execution at CROs. This combination laboratory-based and management position is located in Foster City and serves the needs of the Biomarker Sciences department supporting our clinical development portfolio.
Biomarker Sciences in the Development organization is responsible for biomarker and translational work across all therapeutic areas at Gilead from preclinical assessment throughout all phases of clinical development and commercialization (when necessary). Within the department the high-performing Biomarker Assay Technology group provides expertise to ensure access to state of the art thinking on appropriate biomarker and diagnostic technologies, evaluate their scientific basis and clinical applicability, the validation status and any technical issues related to the proposed biomarker and/or diagnostic assays.
Gilead is a highly matrixed organization and the ability to work effectively across these groups is a key attribute for this role.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the flow cytometry laboratory team in Foster City responsible for qualification, transfer and monitoring of clinically relevant flow cytometry assays.
- Work closely with multiple departments including biomarker sciences, research, clinical operations, data management, and biometrics to ensure biomarker flow assays are qualified fit-for-purpose to address the needs of the biomarker strategy.
- Responsible for the development, qualification and outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker flow cytometry assays including receptor/target occupancy, pharmacodynamic and mechanism of action focused assays directly in the laboratory and indirectly through team members.
- Manage and mentor the flow cytometry laboratory team; developing skills and expertise and keeping abreast of the latest technologies in flow cytometry.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD plus 3 or more years of relevant experience or BS or MS plus extensive relevant industry experience in flow cytometry assay development, qualification and application in clinical development.
- Experience in biomarker application across the array of flow cytometry approaches for clinical trials and awareness of the challenges of implementing flow cytometry-based biomarker assays in the clinical setting.
- Direct experience in development, outsourcing and qualification/validation of clinically applicable flow cytometry-based assays is required.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: oncology, hematology, immunology, or inflammation.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal skills and experience working in a matrixed environment are required.
- Experience in team leadership, including motivation and delegation plus previous people management experience.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively on multiple programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to supervise a high-performing team.
- High level of business awareness.
- Candidate will be located Foster City, CA.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-I--Biomarker-Flow-Cytometry_R0018433
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency