Multiple Positions Open in The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine
Multiple Positions Open in
The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Peking University
The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine (HSTM) at Peking University is currently accepting applications for multiple positions at the ranks of full professor with tenure, associate professor with tenure or on tenure track, and tenure track assistant professor. Given the department’s current engagement in the study of the history of science in modern and contemporary China, as well as the rest of the world, candidates with experience in the twentieth-century history of science, technology, and medicine (including both Chinese and Western) are encouraged to apply. The search will remain open until the positions are filled, review of applications will begin on August 1st, 2021.
The HSTM Department was established in November 2018 and is headed by founding chairman Professor Han Qide, a medical scientist, academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and former Vice-Chairman of the National People’s Congress. The mission of the department is to work with scholars around the world to advance the harmonious development of science, humanity, and society. It concentrates on teaching and studying the history of modern and contemporary science, technology and medicine, aiming to create a collaborative platform with cutting-edge ideas and a global vision.
1. Full Professor with tenure
Applicants should be highly influential scholars with significant publications in their own field and working experience in a top academic institution, either in China or overseas. Candidates should have strategic vision for the discipline’s development, rich teaching experience, extensive academic connections, as well as excellent peer review.
2. Associate Professor with tenure & Associate Professor on tenure track
Applicants should be reputable scholars with high-quality publications in their own field and working experience in a top academic institution, either in China or overseas. Candidates should have rich teaching experience, extensive academic connections, as well as excellent peer review.
3. Assistant Professor on tenure track
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in hand; preferred candidates are those who have done some postdoctoral research. Candidates must have some academic publications in the field, good peer review, and demonstrated outstanding potential.
- A personal statement, specifying the position being applied for, and including a research and teaching plan, as well as the expected start date at the Department.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of publications and forthcoming works, and three representative works.
- An outline of your planned academic research in the next 3 to 5 years.
- For junior positions, at least three letters of recommendation from academic professionals, in addition to the references from the applicants’ mentors.
- For tenured positions, peer review is required. A list of evaluators and recommenders should be offered for our review.
- A copy of your Ph.D. diploma (rather than your transcript) and other certificates of awards, honors, appointments, etc.
Qualified candidates will be informed of interview via email, while those failing the preliminary selection will not be notified.
Address: Room 207, Jingyuan Courtyard 1, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Apply for Multiple Positions Open in The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly