Director, Finance - FP & A
Director, Finance - FP & A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.The Director, G&A FP&A is responsible for providing analytical and budget support to the Corporate Operations, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Corporate Development leadership teams to support business planning, financial forecasting, reporting & analysis on a global basis. This role will report to the Senior Director, G&A FP&A.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:Must be able to lead and meet deadlines for multiple priorities and projects drawing on disciplines from finance and project management. The individual will manage the delivery of accurate and timely management reporting including monthly financial, project level reporting and analytical support to management along with the following:
- Direct team of two finance professionals to develop robust and actionable quarterly/annual forecasts for the Corporate Operations, Government Affairs, Public Affairs and Corporate Development organizations. Help develop and relay the business narrative behind the forecast/budget figures via presentations to budget owners. Present to key executive level business partners
- Develop and provide ongoing analytical support to management including preparing budgets and forecasts to support key decision making
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business risk/drivers and incorporate them in monthly commentaries to drive actions
- Build strong business partnerships through regular meetings and close collaboration
- Manage ad-hoc cross-disciplinary projects and initiatives. Drive continuous improvements in G&A FP&A processes, systems, financial tools, and documentation to maximize efficiency
- Collaborate with senior members of the FP&A team to manage the annual planning calendar
- Work closely with finance management and business partners to develop more integrated planning processes and systems
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures including the Worldwide Controller's Policies.
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment with a high level of precision
- Play a key role in ERP implementation for the G&A team to optimize close, reporting and forecast processes
- Champion report automation and data visualization to better support the business
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners and work collaboratively to deliver meaningful analyses and decision support.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and be willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
- Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: The candidate must be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader demonstrating strong influencing capabilities with business partners while maintaining open and transparent communication within Gilead's matrixed organization.
- Continuous improvement: The individual will leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
- Provide Forward Thinking: The individual will be able to identify the interdependencies across different organizations and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree or 8+ with an MBA
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
- Experience in a multi-national organization a plus
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other BI tools is preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and develop solutions for a variety of situations
- Able to meet deadlines, multi-task, and provide actionable recommendations
- Highly motivated, committed to drive change, continually improves processes and delivers results
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- Working knowledge of Hyperion, Oracle and/or SAP preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Finance---FP---A_R0018372-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency