ServiceNow (SNOW) Solution Architect-Security Risk and Governance
ServiceNow (SNOW) Solution Architect-Security Risk and Governance
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
The ServiceNow Solution Architect - Security, Risk and Governance is a key member of Gilead's Security, Risk and Compliance (SRC) team and works closely with cross-functional project teams to pursue project end goals. The candidate will work with SRC leads and leadership in multiple capacities generally geared toward enhancing and maturing our security focused capabilities built on the Gilead's ServiceNow platform. The person in the role will have an important leadership role that drives an appropriate, wholistic architecture that effectively supports the SRC team's requirements as we rapidly expand our use of the SNOW platform.
The role will be involved with identifying and designing everything from appropriate break / fix approaches, to minor enhancements to major enhancements and the deployment of entirely new capabilities. The role will need to interface and help manage our managed service providers who will carry out most development efforts.
- Work with SRC stakeholders to determine / define needs and requirements for security capabilities to address business needs and mitigate risk
- Install, configure and evaluate proof of concept implementations on the SNOW platform to support SRC's requirements
- Develop solution architectures to support the implementation of new capabilities on SNOW (and always with an eye to not limiting options for future capability additions)
- Create documentation including test cases and findings reports for POCs
- Create documentation as part of the Company's project lifecycle
- Liaise with IT colleagues including the Company's broader SNOW team to assist with implementation and rollout of SRC's SNOW platform security capabilities.
- Facilitate and help lead regular updates to our SNOW security capability to ensure critical needs and / or gaps are identified and planned for at the right time
- Assist in formalizing and updating related security policies, procedures and technical standards
- Lead sustainment projects that support maintenance and enhancements of existing capabilities
- Ensure by working with our broader SNOW team that major SNOW platform upgrades don't impact SRC's SNOW platform security tools.
- Act as system manager for SRC's SNOW platform security tools
Associate's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Masters' Degree and Eight Years Experience OR PhD and Two Years Experience
- 7+ years of progressively responsible IT experience with at least 3 years of security/infrastructure protection experience.
- Experience performing project focused information security work with cross-functional teams in an enterprise setting.
- Must have a good understanding of the general security, risk and compliance domains.
- Prefer CISSP, GIAC, etc.
- ServiceNow developer with experience with security, risk and governance focused modules such as: GRC, SecOps, Vulnerabilty Management, etc.
- Able to support regular Operations and break-fix as well as minor and major enhancements
- Familiar with development life-cycles and waterfall and agile project management approaches
- Comfortable managing the relationship and work of a managed services team dedicates to ongoing SNOW operations and maintenance, minor enhancements and major development work,
- Should have familiarity with core security capabilities that will integrate in some way with our SNOW modules. The capabilities would include orchestration tools (SOAR), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning and management tools, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
- Proven ability to build working relationships with partners, peers, and senior management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change, etc.
- Prior working experience in a pharmaceutical company is preferred.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to document technical solutions with excellent organization and grammar.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/ServiceNow--SNOW--Solution-Architect-Security-Risk-and-Governance_R0017466
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency