Clinical Nurse Educator - North Central
Clinical Nurse Educator - North Central
United States - Illinois - Chicago
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Hematology/Oncology Clinical Educator will: The Clinical Nurse Educator role provides product and disease state education and training to key healthcare providers within Oncology clinics and hospitals. The individual will work within a specified region to enhance disease knowledge, support the patient therapy selection process, coordinate and provide staff training, enhance proper administration, improve patient adherence and improve patient management. The individual will work in partnership with the Gilead oncology sales team to help educate all health care providers, with a primary focus on nursing staff.
- Provide oncology practice customers, Nurses, Clinicians and MD's with training, clinical in-services, and information regarding specific oncology disease state and product delivery/use
- Coach offices on disease state awareness and branded product resources
- Provide education programs for professional staff, i.e. doctors, nurses, other key healthcare staff through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions, and formal presentations
- Partner with Therapeutic Specialist to support patient adherence and adoption regarding specific oncology disease state(s)
- Collaborate with managers, peers, customer counterparts to advance patient access
- Initiate clinical discussions with key personnel for specific accounts in collaboration with the Regional Director (MD, nurse practitioner, physician's assistant, nurses).
- Potential to engage with the patient and patient advocacy groups to maintain a smooth and successful patient journey
- Attend and potentially present at national, regional and local oncology meetings
- Attend regional staff meetings and contributes to the TS Plan of Action meetings to chart the course for specific customer teams
- Provides educational support as identified to reinforce the project's strategic goals
- Promptly respond to internal/external inquiries and requests
- Maintain the highest level of professional standards in all interactions with customers and other business contacts.
- Demonstrates sound judgment regarding utilization of time and financial resources, such as travel and entertainment.
- Read understand and adheres to important documents such as fraud and abuse guidelines, FDA guidelines, PhaRMA code, Gilead SOPs, and HIPPA guidelines and memos regarding policy and procedures.
- Frequent overnight travel
Associates Degree and Nine Years' Experience and Active RN
Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience and Active RN
Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience and Active RN
Ph.D. and Active RN
- 2 years of clinical hematology/oncology experience
- Oncology Clinical Nurse Certification preferred
- Pharmaceutical nursing experience preferred
- Strong oral, written and virtual communication skills
- Possess superior influencing skills focused on building trust and customer engagement
- Self-motivated and able to work with autonomy
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Illinois---Chicago/Clinical-Nurse-Educator---North-Central_R0018340-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency