Postdoctoral Scientist (Cancer Biology – Immuno - Therapy) Theodorescu Lab
Interested applicants please apply via the Cedars-Sinai Careers Page (Requisition # HRC0446080): https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/postdoctoral-scientist-theodorescu-lab-cancer-institute/252/18526224?utm_source=JobBoard&utm_medium=Nature Job Posting – Postdoc
The Theodorescu Lab at Cedars-Sinai is looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in cancer immunology. In this project will characterizing the tumor microenvironment of bladder cancer, with emphasis on mechanisms of immune-evasion orchestrated by tumor cells while also identifying immune system agonists or antagonists that modulate tumor behavior in vivo. To dissect cancer-specific vulnerabilities, we will combine techniques of biochemistry, molecular biology, and Crispr/Cas9 technologies, together with the use of innovative mouse models we have developed. A recent example of the type of work that will be undertaken is our papers by Guin (J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014;106(5)) and Tu (SCIENCE Adv. 2019; 20;5(2)) and associates. Our final goal is to identify novel biomarkers and interventions for cancer that will improve patient outcomes.
This individual would join our exciting cancer research group. The successful candidate will be a driven, creative, team-oriented individual with a passion for helping to discover and move fundamental cancer biologic findings towards a clinical setting. We employ many different in vitro and in vivo approaches and seek individuals with a strong background in cell and molecular immunology. We welcome applications from both recent PhD or MD/PhD recipients and individuals seeking additional postdoctoral training. Strong preference will be given to individuals with an outstanding publication record from their prior graduate and/or postgraduate training and/or existing extramural funding.
For more information please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Research/Research-Labs/Theodorescu-Lab/
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and performs experiments. Keeps detailed experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Develops, adapts, and implements new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period including work with mice as needed.
- Assists in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Meets with PI on a regular basis to discuss research progress and plans.
- May be asked to write fellowship grant proposals such as NRSA/T32 applications.
- Spends about 75% of time on bench research experimentation and 25% of time on writing articles/analyzing data/online research.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctorate (PhD or MD/PhD) in immunology or area directly related to field of research specialization.
- Has the ability to work semi-independently on research projects within an area of specialization.
- Has thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and the objectives to be accomplished during the one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrates aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection and analysis.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Oncology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Clinical Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Cancer Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles