Research Associate III - Theodorescu Lab - Cancer Institute
Interested applicants please apply via the Cedars-Sinai Careers Page (Requisition # HRC0411055): https://jobs.cedars-sinai.edu/job/los-angeles/research-associate-iii-theodorescu-lab-cancer-institute/252/18265287?utm_source=JobBoard&utm_medium=Nature Job Posting - RA III
Under general guidance, the Research Associate III provides technical scientific and/or administrative support of laboratory activities. A major role in this position is to generate data and carry out experiments using a variety of routine molecular and cell biology techniques including but not limited to western blotting, DNA/RNA preps, PCR, and cell culture.
Will review and remain current on literature as it relates to research studies they are carrying out. Takes the responsibility (directly or by delegation to others) for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to instruments, users of the lab, and supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly. May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities and provide administrative leadership and/or technical advice to other lab members. May be asked to assist and/or coordinate lab activities, including but not limited to, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals, and creating independent presentations. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
The Theodorescu laboratory research focuses on identifying clinically relevant drivers or suppressors of tumor growth and metastasis and translating this knowledge into cancer therapies. Visit link for more information: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/theodorescu.html .
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These statements describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks. Other work duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- You will research support (generate data and carry out experiments, data analysis, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Will organize research in conjunction with the Principal Investigator.
- Will manage daily lab operations (orientation, inventory, instrument maintenance, keeping records, etc.)
- Will monitor and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyze data and prepares scientific findings for publication.
- May be asked by PI to make independent presentations.
- Lead and train Research Lab Assistants, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff in experimental techniques and day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
- May be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required.
- Master of Science Degree, preferred.
- 3-5 years of technical skills and expertise in an area of study including, but not limited to, Immunology/Molecular/Cellular Biology/Cancer Biology.
- Minimum of 3 years of lab experience, required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others, and able to multitask.
- Willingness to work with rodent (mice) cancer models.
- Knowledge of budgetary requirements and policies.
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Cell Biology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Clinical Medicine Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Clinical Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles