Senior Clinical Data Management Associate
Senior Clinical Data Management Associate
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Clinical data managers work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and vendors to support Gilead's business objectives by ensuring the accurate and timely acquisition of diverse clinical data through efficient CRF/eCRF design, edit specifications, and query resolution processes.
- Capable of handling studies that are complex in scope and volume.
- Effectively interacts with vendors to communicate expectations for study timelines and milestones.
- May lead the design and implementation of the clinical data management process with lvendors including data entry, data quality checking, data transfer, reporting, backup, and recovery.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately delegate tasks to CDMA I and CDMA II staff members.
- Provide technical and business process input/expertise on new and emerging technologies/vendors for clinical trial execution.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead multiple studies with minimal supervision
- Works collaboratively with Programming (Clinical and Statistical), Clinical Operations, Biostatistics and others such as Clinical Research, Global Patient Safety, Regulatory and Project Management staffs to meet project deliverables and timelines for non- routine clinical data acquisition, quality checking and reporting.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy and consistency of clinical data and data structure.
- Ensures adherence to standard business processes within CDM systems to ensure compliance to regulatory bodies.
- May lead in the design and implementation of clinical data management process with vendors including data entry, data quality checking, data transfer and reporting.
- Leads the preparation and design of CRF/eCRF's.
- Reviews study protocols and assist in the planning and implementation of the data management portions of clinical studies.
- Interact with site coordinators, investigators, and field clinical staff in collecting data and resolving queries to meet the protocol requirements in a timely manner.
- Utilizes reports to track study progress and ensure timeliness and quality expectations are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to problem solve. Exceptional people/project leadership skills are required.
- General knowledge of FDA/EMA regulations and with web-based Electronic Data Capture (EDC), clinical data management systems and industry wide thesauri, such as MedDRA is also required.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience and a BS degree.
- 3 years of experience and a MS degree.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Clinical-Data-Management-Associate_R0018271-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency