Senior Manager - Legal and Business Conduct
Senior Manager - Legal and Business Conduct
UAE - Dubai
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This Senior Legal Manager role supports the legal and business conduct affairs for the Middle East sub-region in the Intercontinental Region. This role will report into the Director of Legal and Business Conduct for Middle East Region. The individual will serve as a strategic and operational partner to the business and will work in close collaboration with cross functional local and regional teams. This role is expected to support the affiliate(s) and distributor markets in the region to deliver optimal performance and operational excellence while ensuring that all major legal and substantial compliance risks are managed.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide effective and timely guidance to the commercial and functional teams on business transactions and support the development and execution of regional growth or performance projects.
- Support the Director of Legal and Business Conduct to participate in business reviews, strategic planning, and key initiatives of the markets.
- Counsel all therapy areas on broad range of legal aspects, including commercial and corporate matters, competition and anti-trust, labor laws, privacy, pharmaceutical regulatory, tender and administrative procedures, product complaints and intellectual property etc.
- Review, draft and negotiate all sorts of commercial contracts/agreements, memorandums of understandings, and legal arrangements applicable to the region.
- Support the Director of Legal and Business Conduct to judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, defining the litigation strategy and approving settlements of disputes where warranted.
- Support the Director of Legal and Business Conduct to oversee the selection, retention, and management of all outside counsels or other vendors, and directing them on multiple legal matters, especially corporate governance matters.
- Identify risks to support sustainable business growth, and anticipate business needs, provide business-enabling advice and shape opportunities.
- Support the Director of Legal and Business Conduct to develop and continuous improve the internal business conduct compliance framework and foster a culture of integrity and ethical business practices.
- Create and deliver trainings on local legal and compliance topics and support the efforts in keeping country and regional business conduct policies and procedures up to date and support efficient operation of compliant business activities.
- Conduct and manage due diligence review and approval for local third parties and provide trainings to other business functions on third party due diligence process.
- Support the periodic business conduct risk assessments and share and implement best practices and learnings across the organization.
- Support the local monitoring activities in accordance with global procedures and protocols and ensuring corrective actions are implemented in timely fashion.
- Support the implementation of local corrective actions arising out of local audits internally.
- Support the Director Legal and Business Conduct to ensure alignment of the distributors' strategies and activities with Gilead's compliance policies and procedures, including overseeing distributors' compliance trainings.
- Manage the local transparency program consistent with internal policies and oversee the transfer of value reporting to government authorities as applicable.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- General knowledge of regulations governing pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems.
- Expert in drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Team player who can manage shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Motivated and willing to take initiative.
Specific Education & Experience Requirements
- Fully qualified lawyer and/or bar admission in geography of operations or relevant jurisdiction.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience and a Juris Doctorate.
- Preferred experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or highly regulated industry
- English and Arabic proficiency is required.
Gilead's Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing);
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith);
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability);
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility);
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws including nationalization and residency restrictions and requirements). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/UAE---Dubai/Senior-Manager---Legal-and-Business-Conduct_R0017944
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency