Sr Director, Finance - US Commercial FP&A - Liver
Sr Director, Finance - US Commercial FP&A - Liver
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for this Position
The Finance Senior Director will lead a team of approximately 4 professionals driving financial planning and analysis efforts for the US Commercial Liver Franchise. The successful candidate will be the business partner to the VP of Sales & Marketing, Liver Disease Business Unit (LDBU) and be responsible for managing revenues and expenses for Gilead's and Asegua's blockbuster Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B products. This role will be a key partner to the US Commercial Leadership Team providing guidance on strategic, operational, and financial issues. This position reports to the head of North American Commercial Finance, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the LDBU VP of Sales & Marketing. Success in this role will require the ability to cultivate an effective business partnership between the Commercial functional areas and Finance. The SD will be viewed as the business partner that provides strategic direction and is seen as the go to person for business financial analysis, insight, and counsel. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, influencing and strategic thinking skills that will drive value to the business.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Lead the 3 year long rang plan and annual operational forecasts for the LDBU and the Consolidated US business, providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses
- Provide guidance and analysis to support pricing and discounting decisions. This includes representing finance in cross functional reviews to recommend list prices for new products, setting the contracting and discounting strategy, and reviewing individual contract proposals
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process for your team, including managing the Gross to Net revenue process, expense accruals, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis. Report results to Commercial and Finance executives
- Partner with Technical Accounting and the Commercial team to analyze and influence complex contract proposals that may have revenue recognition implications
- Monitor and develop insights from key business drivers including demand, inventory, payer mix, pricing, and market share
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the executive leadership team
- Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports. Build a highly capable team through the attraction, training and development of professionals to meet business needs.
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will possess a minimum of 14+ years' experience with a BA/BS, 12+ with an MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility, including at least 5-7 years' experience as a senior finance leader and business partner.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of management experience is required, growing teams of a minimum of 4 people.
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma is strongly preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus.
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader is required.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. You will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the Commercial business.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Finance---FP---A--Liver_R0018250
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency