Sr Manager Finance, FP&A
Sr Manager Finance, FP&A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for this PositionThe Finance Senior Manager will be a critical part of the US Commercial Liver Franchise. The individual will join the revenue team, with key responsibilities including managing the forecast across HBV, HCV, HDV and the pulmonary product portfolios. In addition to driving the forecast, the individual will interact and partner with the Marketing Science team to incorporate and align on the demand forecast. Other responsibilities include supporting the Quarterly Business Review (QBR), driving the Advanced Pricing process, and providing inventory analytics. This position will report to the Associate Director on the US Commercial FP&A Liver team.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Responsible for managing the annual operational revenue forecasts for the Liver and Pulmonary businesses, providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses
- Provide guidance and analysis to support pricing and discounting decisions. This includes representing finance in cross functional reviews to recommend list prices for new products, setting the contracting and discounting strategy, and reviewing individual contract proposals
- Monitor and develop insights from key business drivers including demand, inventory, payer mix, pricing, and market share
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Partner with Marketing Science to align on demand and deliver the DOC forecast
- Support the Quarterly Business Review with price variance analysis
- Provide inventory analytics
- Partner with the commercial contracting team to incorporate contract detail that may have revenue recognition implications
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will have 8+ years of relevant with a BA/BS, 6+ with and MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma is strongly preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus.
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager-Finance--FP-A_R0018313-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency