Animal Resources Section Leader
There are several animal facilities (total more than 3,000 square meters) in OIST Onna Campus (Laboratories 1, 2, and 4) and Okinawa Marine Science Satiation. In addition, OIST will build up new rodent facilities (3,000 square meters or more) in laboratory 5 and commence its operation by the end of 2022. The Animal Resources Section (ARS) has supported animal experiments using laboratory animals with ARS staff and outsourced staff under OIST animal care and use program in accordance with Global, local and OIST regulations.
Currently, the OIST animal care and use program is operating under global standards and should be developed to state of the art through leading edge of laboratory animal science and medicine. The section leader of ARS manages all duties in animal facilities related laboratory animals besides animal experiments for researchers, animal care staff and laboratory animals.
- Supervise laboratory animal care: Rodent, Zebra finch, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Cephalopod and any other animal model species required in future
- Supervise animal facilities: Rodent, Zebra finch, Xenopus, Zebrafish located in main campus buildings
- Manage OIST animal care and use program for maintaining international accreditation of animal facilities
- Manage section staff and outsourcing staff
- Create and execute section’s business plan
- Manage the section’s annual budget (including planning, execution, and reports)
- Veterinarian license
- Experience of 5 years or more as manager of laboratory animal facilities or attending veterinarian
- Business level English communication skills (written and oral)
- Diplomate of colleges of laboratory animal medicine