Director Supply Chain
Director Supply Chain
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The position is accountable for the Demand Planning process for assigned regions (US, LatAm, GPS, Partners) and reports to the Senior Director of Demand Planning. The incumbent will work effectively and in close collaboration with regional Commercial leadership and key stakeholders across Gilead's Pharmaceutical Development Manufacturing (PDM) organization to continually evolve the demand planning process to meet strategic objectives. The role will be responsible for ensuring accurate monthly forecasting and planning processes meet internal stakeholder requirements and patient needs. Establishing and maintaining effective oversight and governance for Demand Planning in assigned regions, as well as achieving key performance indicators, will serve as key success factors for the role. The incumbent will act as a key liaison and strategic business partner to regional Commercial and Global Supply Chain leadership. The role will also be accountable for identifying and implementing continuous improvements in business processes and associated underpinning technologies.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Partner with Commercial affiliates to ensure accurate demand forecasts and market analytics. Accountable for the dissemination and application of market intelligence to global supply planning and related functions
- Act as key point of contact for senior regional Commercial and PDM leadership to communicate and support the implementation of supply chain strategy
- Responsible for the provision of demand forecasting and planning input to S&OP process
- Partner with Commercial, Global Supply Chain and Finance on the development of the annual budget demand plan. Ensure cross-functional alignment of the plan with the financial commitments of the organization
- Drive the use of appropriate statistical models for future demand predictions and/or scenarios
- Responsible for key demand planning metrics and tracking of benefits and improvements to the business
- Provide input to the Global Supply Chain organization in developing inventory strategies on existing product portfolio, new products, and product phase-outs
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand forecasting and planning processes and systems
- Identify and lead significant continuous improvement projects
- Provide leadership to a team of demand planning analysts by establishing both the long-term vision and near-term performance objectives for the regional demand planning team along with setting and reviewing performance and development objectives for each team member
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA/BS with 12+ years of relevant experience in a related field or
- MBA/MS plus 10+ years of relevant experience in a related field
- Travel required - up to 25%
- Expert leader with a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Experienced people manager with a strong reputation for mentoring and developing people
- Expertise and track record in supply chain planning and forecasting
- Possesses a strong understanding and application of forecasting principles, concepts, practices in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Exceptional analytics capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Sound organizational and time management skills
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director-Supply-Chain_R0018092-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency