(Senior) Manager Government Affairs Germany (m/w/d)
(Senior) Manager Government Affairs Germany (m/f/d)
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Government Affairs at Gilead
The ACE and Germany Government Affairs Team aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function valued for its analysis, insight and ability to translate our knowledge into meaningful action for the benefit of the business. Our goal is to develop long term partnerships with policymakers, to position Gilead as a preferred partner and contribute to maintaining a coherent and consistent voice as part of our strategy for engaging with governments.
Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments' value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation to address the unmet needs of patients.
This position, reporting directly to the Government Affairs Senior Director Germany, will work on Gilead Government Affairs strategy and positioning in Germany.
- Promote a positive presence for Gilead amongst key stakeholders focused on the Government, the Parliament and relevant institutional bodies, for the purpose of shaping the policy environment relevant for our therapy areas.
- Support to develop and implement a GA strategy to 1. position Gilead as a leader and a partner and thought leader with governments and 2. enhance and support timely access to Gilead's innovative medicines.
- Work collaboratively with other members of government affairs as well as other Gilead departments to ensure strategic alignment and well-informed decision-making. Help Gilead identify opportunities to work with the government to advance its mission.
- Monitor the country's policy environment with the objective of providing Gilead's management with sophisticated information and insights on dealing with developments in the business environment.
- When relevant, recruit and supervise consultants who will support the delivery of our activities. Manage these relationships to ensure effective delivery of projects to time and budget.
- Work as part of the Gilead ACE and Germany Government Affairs Team to ensure appropriate alignment of German activities to the regional strategy, contribute to the team thinking and initiatives; collaborate and share best practice.
- Ensure communication of relevant information between the ACE and Germany GA and wider teams.
- Work with academics, think tanks and other though leaders on how to introduce Gilead's new treatments while respecting the sustainability of the healthcare system
- Contribute positively as both a functional expert.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a BSc or BA degree and with prior experience in government, government affairs, public affairs or policy role.
- Must have skills, depth and expertise in government affairs as well as advanced business judgment and analytical skills.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred. Knowledge of the oncology field and stakeholders preferred. Initial experience in working with trade associations and corporate policy.
- Relationships with government officials, policymakers and agencies. Track record of interacting with external stakeholder groups to advance policy goals.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare systems, pricing and reimbursement and key policies relevant to secure access and uptake of highly innovative medicines.
- A demonstrable track record of developing and executing successful policy advocacy as part of a cross functional team in a matrix organization. Experience with digital political advocacy.
- Self-starter with agile can-do attitude who can operate independently in a fast-changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies.
- Executive presence with ability to communicate with senior officials externally and senior executives internally.
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills in a German-speaking environment.
- And a very strong team player.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: Doing What's Right
- Inclusion: Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork: Working Together
- Accountability: Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence: Being Your Best
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency