Associate Director, HIV Treatment Direct-to-Patient (DTP) Marketing
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for – and potentially curing – some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
The Associate Director will:
- Lead the development and execution of the HIV Tx DTP programming for the Gilead commercial Community Liaison (CL) team – a field team that is uniquely positioned to deliver patient programming in the community
- Manage agency partners who are subject matter experts in HIV and who are responsible for developing content with adult-learning principles and cultural humility in mind
- Collaborate with the commercial strategic insights team to use available insights to inform programming
- Submit programming through the Gilead review process and incorporate medical, legal, and regulatory input
- Contribute ideas for how to evolve CL programming to meet the diverse needs of the HIV community, including how the programming is delivered live and virtually
- Collaborate across the HIV Franchise to engage with the CL-MAP team and collect input to help optimize and shape DTP programming used by the field
- Create a plan and collaborate with cross-functional partners to operationalize how DTP systems are updated efficiently when launching or retiring field programming (i.e. Centris, G360, iLearn, Speaker Resource Center)
- Partner with commercial learning and development and CL regional trainers to launch new programming to the field and train on strategy and messaging
- Attend HIV community events and participate in community liaison field rides to stay abreast with community needs
- Participates in or lead key workstreams with responsibility for constant cross-functional communication and coordination with individuals
- Accountable for successful management of projects with an ability to push a project to completion
- Management of assigned budget to deliver scope of projects for the year
- Develops components of the brand strategic plan and presents to senior leadership
- Determines the types of market research tools best suited to provide meaningful data and presents the implications of market research results to senior leadership
- Sets priorities and is able to successfully manage concurrent workstreams
- Demonstrates analytical skills, defines KPIs for programming, and uses results to inform future recommendations
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related communication field desired
- A minimum of 3+ years in product marketing, advertising, and/or sales focused on consumers and/or patients required
- Strong area of knowledge in HIV therapeutic area required
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop, and execute strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on developing marketing materials
- Demonstrated project management excellence and organizational skills to follow assignments through to completion
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively across written and oral communications
Location and Travel:
- This role is based in Foster City, CA (USA)*
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (~25% of time - eg. sales meetings, agency partner meetings, field rides, community events)
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What's Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
*Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency