Senior Director, Oncology Franchise Marketing
Senior Director, Oncology Franchise Marketing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Director, Oncology Franchise Marketing, is a foundational role responsible for leading Franchise Marketing for Gilead's U.S. Commercial Oncology Organization. The role will be vital to setting the strategy and supporting growth and expansion plans for the Oncology franchise. The Franchise Marketing lead role will interact and collaborate with colleagues across Global, U.S., and Kite Oncology teams. The position will be responsible for developing team members, coordinating communications across brands, and allocating resources across the business to drive the Oncology franchise's success. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced marketer with a track record of commercial success, cross-functional team leadership, and an ability to foster an inclusive environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the yearly Oncology Franchise brand planning process in close collaboration with Trodelvy and Magrolimab marketing leads and matrix partners
- Partner with the Clinical Nurse Educator team to develop meaningful franchise materials and plan for future build-outs and support shaping of Clinical Nurse Educator team to meet the Oncology franchise goals
- Distill multiple sources of information (e.g., primary and secondary market research, advisory boards, competitive intelligence, etc.) into franchise strategy plans
- Design oncology conference strategy for all critical, US-based international meetings from a portfolio standpoint and act as the single point of contact (SPOC) for societies, planning teams, etc. On behalf of the Magrolimab Trodelvy and pipeline teams.
- Create the U.S. opinion leader engagement strategy for Franchise Strategy (including ad boards, congresses, etc.) and act as the SPOC for the U.S. oncology franchise
- Collaborate with Public Affairs and Medical Affairs to develop a comprehensive external stakeholder (e.g., societies, advocacy groups, regional payers, etc.) engagement strategy and advocacy plan
- Proactively partner cross-functionally with other key launch stakeholders (e.g., sales, medical, market access, legal, regulatory, global commercial, and public affairs)
- Create strong and close working relationships with colleagues in the U.S., Global, and Kite organizations as it relates to BPOA, global congress planning, ad board content development, and O.L. engagement
- Manage any agency partnerships and internal promotional review process to ensure flawless development of franchise materials, execution, and budget management
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage the performance of direct reports
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inclusion, and Accountability Assist with the successful rollout and evolution of the Clinical Nurse Educator team
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' Experience
- Ten years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry and an understanding of the Oncology market
- Strong marketing & management skills, including developing marketing strategies, executing tactics, project planning, and responsibility for product growth
- Ability to understand, interpret, and translate complex clinical data into clear communications
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and ability to make critical decisions and recommendations among a range of strategic choices
- Proven track record of leading and motivating a team that aligns to a shared vision and coach/ mentor team members performance and achievement of individual career aspirations
- Strong ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and experience partnering with medical/ legal/ regulatory on promotional materials
- Agile learning with the ability to adapt to evolving market dynamics
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/ priorities, including budget and actual spend against budget
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting in high-visibility settings Pharmaceutical sales/ sales leadership experience
- MBA or advanced scientific degree
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Oncology-Franchise-Marketing_R0018272-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency