Global Trade Operations and Services DevOps Lead
Global Trade Operations and Services DevOps Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of
the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology,
Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will
also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
The Trade Operations Dev Ops lead acts as a technical lead for Global Trade Operations & Patient Services teams and will report to the Global Value & Access Capability Lead.
This role will support and liaise with a broad team including Managed Markets Strategy and Operations, Order to Cash teams, US Trade Operations, US Patient Support, Supply Chain, Gilead Canada, and Commercial distribution teams in other global markets. The role will be responsible for all Commercial Order to Cash functions Globally such as enabling the onboarding of Wholesalers, Specialty Distributors, and Specialty pharmacies to support the distribution of all products. As well as, enabling and understanding returns and inventory management for a global Life Sciences company.
This role will infuse forward looking, creative and innovative solutions, as a technical partner to the business and one that brings ideas to the table, rather than just reacts to them. In addition, this role will be involved from the ideation of IT solutions for business needs through to successful execution of these initiatives. Projects include supporting the transition of the order to cash process for Commercial activities from Oracle EBS to SAP S4 HANA, development of integration/EDI maps to support distribution, enablement of network protocols with new trading partners, enhancement of existing EDI tools (Open Text/GXS and Informatica), Security assessment of third-party SaaS solutions, and implementation of new technologies to enhance business effectiveness. Critical to the role will be championing projects within IT and prioritizing across initiatives.
The successful candidate will support business initiatives from requirements to execution to operational support post go live.
- Serve as focal point for the respective business area for all IT needs, priorities and translate them into the IT regional roadmap for prioritization and solution proposals using agreed, appropriate IT systems and processes.
- Advise management on business opportunities enabled through technology. Activities, budgets and portfolios are strategically and operationally aligned with the business needs as well as the IT functional strategies.
- Proactively identify and promote technology solutions to existing or emerging business issues. Work with leadership teams across relevant functions to push technology as a competitive advantage for Gilead.
- Projects are managed and monitored to assure benefits are met and potential bottlenecks or failures are identified and solved in due time.
- Actively explore opportunities to streamline customer facing processes through technology integration/portal/interfaces
Core Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Authority:
Advise IT and business leadership on capability enablement opportunities facilitated through the Trade/Distribution technology portfolio. Activities, budgets and portfolios are strategically and operationally aligned with the business needs as well as the IT functional strategies
- Turn Business Strategy into clearly directed, beneficial and cost-effective IT projects ready to start implementation.
- Understand the processes, plans, objectives, drivers, and issues facing business teams, together with the underlying external policies and regulations.
- Ensure availability of appropriate project plans for implementation addressing organizational, technical, process, change management and training perspectives when introducing new applications
- Ensure appropriate selection of solutions and third parties required to support changes identified
- Leverage existing solutions from the IT toolset and support the business to maximize the benefits delivered from project investment
- Ensure that initiatives generated by business functions are in line with the Gilead IT regional/global approach and utilize appropriate tools where these already exist within the IT toolset
- With the business, develop, communicate and execute on an aligned IT/business strategy as appropriate for the respective business area.
- Accountable for the overall strategically aligned IT portfolio planning for respective business team. Negotiation and mediation between business and IT to find pragmatic solutions will be an important component of the job.
Projects are managed and monitored to assure benefits are met and potential bottlenecks or failures are identified and solved in due time.
- Oversee project execution
- Ensure resources, either internal from IT Department or external are secured to meet business demands.
- Deploy solutions that meet business requirements in accordance with agreed plans, timelines and budgets.
- Ensure delivery of high level, quality solutions.
- Provide business case behind service levels (or at minimum review/ approve business case developed by business lead and analyst).
- Provide transparency in services delivered to customers.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, escalating problems if required (within the business or within IT as appropriate).
- Contribute to the global/regional planning of IT projects and manage the IT portfolio
- Initiate or act as initial contact point for project proposals.
- Evaluate feasibility of potential projects in coordination with the associated regional / global IT Departments.
- Collaborate with the business lead to develop business cases for projects.
- Analyze IT requirements for input to the budgeting process.
- Assist in compiling, justifying and getting approval for project proposals.
- Ensure all requests are documented, screened and scheduled according to designated priorities.
- Ensure effective project mandate is developed.
- Ensure the business requirements are clearly defined, approved, communicated and understood.
- Ensure the impact of IT initiatives from other areas are assessed, aligned and communicated, and requirements are incorporated into plans as needed.
Manage Robust Dev/Ops Model for EDI and Trade Operations Systems
- Leads and develops Trade Operations and Patient Services support teams or Release planning over entire lifecycle, including conformance to pricing strategies, end-to-end service delivery and associated processes.
- Lead for Trade Operations & Patient Services and Release Planning core teams and provides service requirements into product development stages/phases
- Manages Operations/Delivery teams to perform business analysis, identifies root cause, and develops recommendations/ solutions to drive business improvements.
- Works across regions/geographies and WW teams as needed to develop and/or implement new/enhanced services, solutions, or programs and associated processes to meet emerging customer/market needs and fuel profitable growth
- Provide leadership in the development, and execution of the business vision - helping customers transform their business and derive measurable business value from their IT investment.
- Responsible for the overall establishment and success of the Managed Service provider (MSP) related to Trade Operations and Patient Services systems
- Defines strategic direction, business and functional requirements, and creates plans and the roadmap for the MSP based on business needs.
- Collaborates with the Model N product management and Dev/Ops teams to design, develop, and launch capabilities as needed.
- Leads the MSP through the Gilead SDLC, Release, Change Management and New Service Introduction processes.
- Creates and fosters a mutually beneficial relationship with Business Groups, MSP partners, Technical teams, and Business Engagement Leads
- Provides thought leadership and program management for initiatives that align with or complement the business strategy and industry trends
- Manages and monitor performance of the MSP business metrics (e.g., SLA's, release management, value delivery; delivers recovery or action plans for exception issues.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding.
- Undertake personal development activities to ensure that the core tasks and responsibilities of this role continue to be met as the role evolves in line with business change.
- High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Qualifications 10 years relevant experience supporting Pharmaceutical Organizations with understanding of Compliance and regulatory associated with CMS and GxP systems
- 10 years of IT experience (technology requirement gathering, process, standards, solutions, services, applications).
- Preferred direct business experience in the relevant business function(s)
- Strong understanding of EDI and Order to Cash processes
- Preferred experience with Oracle EBS/SAP S4 HANA
- Experience with GXS/Open Text, Returns Providers such as Inmar/GENCO, and service providers such as Value Trak/Integrichain.
- Experience managing Managed Service Providers/Vendors
- Comfort and experience working with a senior leadership team representing multiple functional areas and interests, and being able to prioritize across numerous important initiatives.
- Some experience of strategic planning (Roadmaps) and of aligning IT strategies with business goals
- Experience of working through different stages of the systems development life-cycle, including user requirements gathering and blue-printing
- Experience of working with a wide variety of Business systems relevant to the function supported
- Experience working effectively across a matrixed organization and successfully executing and achieving results without direct authority.
- Experience providing and driving cross-functional and cross-geographical IT solutions to business needs and opportunities.
- Comfort working directly with both business partners and IT department / solution providers.
- Demonstrated ability to have long-lasting impact on the business through solutions identified and implemented.
- Comfort and experience working independently to achieve goals and results.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of IT and technology solutions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Global-Trade-Operations-and-Services-DevOps-Lead_R0017555-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency