Associate Scientist, Oncology
Associate Scientist, Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our oncology research group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of novel therapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. S/he will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently plan, execute, analyze, and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments that support non-routine research activities and projects goals
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to accelerate early-stage discovery activities and/or enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms
- Support multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Master's degree and 8+ years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Direct experience in research drug discovery and target identification / validation in oncology or immuno-oncology
- Technical skills should include extensive experience in general molecular and cell biology methods, primary human and/or mouse tissue culture, flow cytometry
- Extensive experience with methods evaluating gene expression (e.g. RT-qPCR, Nanostring and others)
- Experience with evaluation of cell signaling (e.g. western blot, ELISA, immunofluorescence, reporter-based assays) and proliferation / survival using small-molecule inhibitors and biologics
- Experience with methods to perturb gene function (e.g. RNAi, CRISPR, overexpression) and to deliver constructs (e.g. transfection, lentiviral transduction) is a requirement
- Experience with quantitative cellular assays is a plus
- A strong record of achievements, contributions to drug discovery programs and publications is desired
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Level is flexible depending on experience
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist--Oncology_R0018192-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency