Executive Director, Commercial Operations
The Executive Director Marketing Operations will report to the Vice President of Commercial Operations and is responsible for the Marketing Operations group (~30 FTEs), establishing strategies, managing performance, and optimizing the group's effectiveness to support the US Commercial organization's commercial efforts.
- Leads five direct reports composed of 4 Senior Director/Directors and 1 Administrative Coordinator
- Serves as an active member of the Commercial Operations Leadership Team (COLT)
- Responsible for multiple functions in support of US Commercial including Digital Marketing Operations, Promotional Materials Management, Opinion Leader Programming Operations, and Event Planning
- Provides clear vision and direction to the team; mentors and develops team members; demonstrates Gilead leadership commitments and core values
- Counsels and advises senior management on marketing operations strategies and tactics, policies, procedures, and practices
- Drives operational excellence with a strong focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Partners collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Managed Markets, Global functions, Procurement, Business Conduct, etc.
- Leverages industry trends and benchmarking data to evolve capabilities continuously
- Accountable for all team activities and integrates practices across stakeholder base to achieve corporate and Commercial Operations goals and objectives
- Accountable for Digital Marketing Operations including digital brand engagement support and Media Operations. Partners closely with marketing teams and other cross-functional partners to achieve digital innovation.
- Accountable for the end-to-end promotional materials management process including PRC Operations, Editorial, Print Production, Agency Management and Fulfillment
- Accountable for the Event Planning team which plans and executes all major sales meeting and congresses
- Accountable for Opinion Leader Programming (OLP) Operations team including operational and technical support for field-based speaker programming
- Manages budgets coordinates the budgets of subordinate managers, and oversees hiring activities.
- Assesses team structure and resources to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Administers the execution of all quality, compliance, and fiscal matters within the team
Bachelor's Degree and Sixteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Fourteen Years' Experience
- 16 years of relevant Pharma industry experience, including strategic planning experience, Marketing, Commercial Operations
- Recognized as a leader and strategic thinker, and able to effectively influence business partners.
- Demonstrates visionary leadership. Capable of developing a strategy for Marketing Operations and shaping the capabilities of the function to fulfill that strategy.
- Develop and implement long-term solutions in line with Gilead's long-term corporate objectives.
- Advanced people leadership and resource management skills and experience.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency