Senior Medical Project Management, Antifungals
Senior Medical Project Management, Antifungals
Turkey - Istanbul
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Gilead team in Medical Affairs to support the business objective. This role has come about through expansion of the team and the role will report to Country Medical Director. The role will be based in our office in Istanbul, Turkey.
In this role, the right candidate will receive a great opportunity to be part of Gilead's antifungal team, working in an area of significant unmet need.
- Must have experience & thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry & Medical Affairs departmental policies, processes, while being an excellent fit to the Gilead core values.
- Must be an expert in one or more of the therapeutic areas listed above (highly appreciated)
- Must have demonstrated mentality & success in working cross functionally and leading cross-functional teams. Demonstrates agility, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing/growing a functional area
- Must have demonstrated success in working closely with management to develop effective and creative solutions to complex problems
- Must have demonstrated ability to influence individuals, groups outside immediate control
- Must have ability to manage highly complex multiple projects simultaneously
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires an advanced degree [MD or Pharm,] and relevant experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent command of English language
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Working without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude, manages one or more of the following functions:
Creation and implementation of the following Medical Affairs processes:
- Local strategic planning (Medical Affairs Plan of Action) and strategic input in the Global Medical Affairs Plan (upon request). Budgeting capabilities.
- Input for the development of the local & international Brand Plan
- Phase IV proposal review and processing, in line with strategic priorities
- Annual conference travel plan
- Conceiving and planning data generation projects, addressing data gaps
Event Planning, Organization & Realization
- Including but not limited to:
- Medical Affairs Advisory Programs
- Medical Affairs portion at National Congresses
- Medical Education events
Field presence (at least 50% of time)
-Ability to communicate effectively on scientific topics and data with external stakeholders and to tailor medical communication according to audience and needs
Enhanced travelling ability (subject to corporate guidance and national/international recommendations)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Turkey---Istanbul/Senior-Medical-Project-Management--Antifungals_R0018139
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency