Business Conduct Compliance and Transparency Management Business Analyst
Business Conduct Compliance and Transparency Management Business Analyst
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead IT is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to support the Global Business Conduct Compliance & Transparency Management domains. The person selected for this role will be collaborating closely with business partners, various IT teams, project managers and vendor partners. The Sr Business Analyst will be responsible for conducting business analysis, gathering and documenting business requirements and business processes and collaborate with the IT DevOps to develop solutions and meet business objectives. This role sits within the IT organization, reporting to the IT Domain Lead for Business Conduct Compliance & Transparency Management.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- Build knowledge of and experience with Gilead Business Conduct Compliance and Transparency Management&Reporting (such as Open Payments, EFPIA) business capabilities, related global roles, regulations, solutions/eco systems.
- Participate as a senior business analyst, in lifecycle management and roadmap investment and sustainment programs/projects that includes; participating in program assessments, identifying/documenting business, user experience, and system requirements and user stories, providing input to design, closely working w/ development teams to proactively provide feedback on functional and performance specifications, UAT planning, coordinating UAT preparation and execution, and participating in authorship of UAT test scripts, planning and overseeing business training, partnering w/ business for change management, partaking in applicable reviews and communications, executing applicable responsibilities at different stages of a project as identified in Project and SDLC RACI.
- Establish thorough understanding of boundary systems including but not limited to Event Management, MDM, Financial systems and related integrations
- Remain current with evolving applicable regulations, codes, guidelines
- Stay up to date and compliant w/ data privacy, data security industry laws& regulations such as GDPR, PII, CCPA, HIPAA, and company specific policies and SOPs
- Research and provide insights from applicable industry direction and developments
- Liaison with vendors to assess capability offerings and to be able to assess business needs fit, and comparative value
- Participate in Business Conduct Compliance &Transparency Management related Forums/Industry Events, as applicable
- Conduct Business Process Analysis, blueprinting as needed,
- Remain current w/ understanding of solution technologies and concepts such as data warehousing, descriptive/predictive/prescriptive analytics/insights, cloud solutions
- Participate in other projects, as the BC Domain IT SME, as needed
- Participate in RFP processes
- Ability to speak both business language and technology language
- Willing to travel up to 10% of time
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Intimate knowledge and direct experience with Life Sciences Business Conduct Compliance and Transparency Management and Reporting and applicable systems/solutions
- Working experience with cloud solutions and cloud vendor assessment
- Thorough understanding of Master Data management concepts, financial systems transactions & Analytics/Insights
- Experience working with global business and other IT teams & operating within a governance framework
- Working knowledge of Agile process(requirements, development, ) methodology
- Experience as a business analyst: ability to listen, understand, interpret business needs, help evolve business processes, anticipate future needs, and recommend holistic capability solutions, applied design thinking skills and experience
- Ability to partner with development IT team members and provide applicable IT business domain subject matter expertise
- Experience facilitation and collaborative participation in business process/requirements workshops
- Ability to work cross-functionally beyond Business Conduct Compliance domain
- Experience with systems Tier 2/3 support concepts
- Experience with other Enterprise systems and holistic understanding of silo-less business processes
- Excellent written, verbal communication, documentation and teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal, professional interaction skills and business acumen
- Sound judgement of audience appropriate communication style
- Good understanding and stewardship of secure and sensitive data, and related security concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience as Business Analyst
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant LifeSciences experience and BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields or 8+ years of relevant experience plus MS degree.
- Hands on Life Sciences Transparency Management and Compliance experience
- FinTech background is preferred
- Consultancy background is a plus
- Experience w/ Mobile applications is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Business-Conduct-Compliance-and-Transparency-Management-Business-Analyst_R0018180-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency