Director Global Commercial Excellence - Sales Force Excellence
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Reporting to the Senior Director and Head of Global Commercial Excellence, this individual will drive Commercial Excellence globally becoming a key member of the Global Commercial excellence team, securing strong connections with local-in-country Commercial Operations teams, Global Commercial Product Strategy teams and with all the functional teams within Global Commercial Operations.
This role will be responsible for driving key strategic projects in the areas of Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) and Marketing Excellence (ME), with an emphasis on Sales Force Excellence.
The candidate will be accountable for driving critical SFE projects and other ME initiatives. This individual will work very closely and effectively with Commercial Digital teams and Commercial Learning & Development in projects definition and deployment. Acting also close to Analytics & Insight and Commercial Planning.
The successful Global Commercial Excellence Director will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a good track record of experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. The candidate should have a broad understanding of SFE and ideally a broad understanding of ME. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders, effectively network across a global organization and communicate with leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Sales Force Effectiveness
· Lead development and deployment of global sales excellence and effectiveness capabilities aligned with Gilead's sales organization objectives
· Define, communicate and maintain global standards for sales methodologies, key account management models
· Define, communicate and maintain global standards resource deployment and coverage models and other related field operations capabilities.
· Develop global playbook for field analytics, reporting and CRM tools to support region/country sales strategy. Look to define new KPIs aligned to current engagement frameworks and channels use.
· Define and deploy the remote engagement model for field teams and explore future ones, developing a mindset for channels orchestration.
· Develop and maintain regional field incentive compensation model and provide guidance to local market level operations
· Establish Standard Operating Processes / Protocols for marketing related activities within the commercial business. Drive alignment, consistency and excellence through marketing processes and projects as required and per project bases
This individual will:
· Serve as point person for key markets to coordinate asks from global commercial excellence
· Partner with region/country leadership and global cross functional teams to identify needs and gather input for global salesforce effectiveness model and marketing operations
· Design and implement training programs to drive rollout and adoption; measure effectiveness, and collect, codify and disseminate best practices across markets (in collaboration with CL&D)
· Lead business process improvements within the global commercial organization
· Identify opportunities to enhance and leverage best practices based on internal and external benchmarks
· Monitor industry leading practices and evolving trends and drive appropriate adoption at Gilead
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic and influential leader with:
· 10/12+ of relevant experience in sales effectiveness and operations; previous field sales experience desirable and/or marketing operations. Ideally, broad understanding of marketing operations.
· Previous ownership of developing and delivering sales methodologies, channel design & partner management, resourcing and coverage models, and incentive compensation strategy
· Demonstrated experience in field analysis, reporting and technology implementations
· Desirable experience or understanding of customer engagement frameworks, digital channels and new engagement models.
· Knowledge of Gilead therapeutic areas and product launch experience desirable
· Experience operating in high complex matrixes engaging cross-functional and x-country teams and developing deep collaborations with partners as well as senior leadership
· Behaves with high level of autonomy – identifies and challenges needs, acting accordingly initiating projects with impact on business outcomes.
· Resourceful strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence and operational rigor
· Comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead and influence without authority.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, facilitate, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
· Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
· Integrity – Doing What's Right
· Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
· Teamwork – Working Together
· Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
· Excellence – Being Your Best
We will consider candidates from any locations. Relocation will not be required for this role
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency