Associate Director, Marketing Sciences, Veklury (Forecasting)
Associate Director, Marketing Sciences, Veklury (Forecasting)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia.
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
Associate Director, Marketing Sciences
Responsible for the revenue forecast and performance tracking for Veklury and will provide some support for Oncology franchise.
- Partner with the Finance team to lead key business processes in support of the Operating Reviews and Budgeting processes
- Regularly communicate with Senior Executives and strategic partners to report analytical findings or projections on forecasting, inventory management, and key performance metrics/diagnostics.
- Design and implement processes to both support decision-making process as it relates to key strategies and increase the overall effectiveness across the Commercial, Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing functions.
- Collaborate with key business partners to develop short- and medium-term forecasts integrating key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise
- Responsible for developing robust forecasting models and identifying the causes of variance in monthly forecasts
- Support the development of sales and marketing initiatives and evaluation of program potential
- Manage ongoing business relationships with data vendors, consultants and selected partners
- Revenue forecasts in support of Strategic Planning, Finance, Incentive Compensation, Manufacturing and Investor Relations
- National-level performance reporting and diagnostics, including reconciliation with forecasts
- Patient-level dynamics
- Market and competitor assessments
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Strong communicator that is able to provide guidance to Brand Leads on defining assumptions, monitoring key performance indicators and recommending changes to achieve brand and/or sales goals
- Define the appropriate methods, techniques, evaluation criteria, and quality assurance protocols for National Analytics & Forecasting
- Develops and implements customized tools to innovate and/or streamline forecasting processes to match needs and market specific dynamics
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses, including forecasts
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., Symphony Health, IMS, etc.) is required
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry and experience forecasting similar products or therapeutic areas is highly desired
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Search
- Balances exceptional technical expertise with strong strategic thinking and practical business orientation
- Able to distill complex information to essential knowledge, and persuasively present to all levels of management
- Able to assume full responsibility for accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of deliverables completed through own efforts or those of vendors
- A firm grasp of complex forecasting & modeling techniques that support various types of strategic analytics (e.g., forecasting, business analytics, sales incentive modeling, etc.) is preferred. Candidates with strong analytical capabilities without forecasting experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions persuasively supported with rigorous analysis
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment is desirable, as is a solid understanding of principles relating to the area of functional specialization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate, and influence cross-functional stakeholders and executive management
- Strong knowledge of the roles of other functions (Finance, Market Research, Marketing, Managed Care, etc.)
- Must have a proven ability to sustain a high energy level over time
- Advanced knowledge of global Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IMS, Symphony Health) is required
- 10 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, engineering, or related fields
- 5 years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, or financial forecasting in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Advanced degree (MBA / MA, Ph.D.) preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Marketing-Sciences--Veklury-_R0016884-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency