Senior Director Global Patient Solutions, Africa North & West
Senior Director Global Patient Solutions, Africa North & West
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Director Global Patient Solutions, Africa North & West will be responsible for developing and managing the Global Patient Solutions (GPS) network of commercial Patient Access Partners (Distributors and Voluntary Licensees) with the aim of ensuring effective distribution, supply while driving innovative and pioneering patient solutions to bring Gilead's life-saving medicines to patients within the assigned territory on the continent of Africa. This role requires forging solid working relationships with Gilead's commercial Patient Access Partners, close collaboration with and support of the GPS Regional Leads as well as cross-functional collaboration and partnership with global functions and divisions such as Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing, Market Access and Medical Affairs. The Senior Director, Distribution, Supply & Patient Solutions, Africa North & West will report directly to the Executive Director, Distribution, Supply & Patient Solutions.
- Develops industry-leading patient solutions in Africa in collaboration with Gilead's Patient Access Partners and internally with colleagues across Gilead's Global functions
- Supports the GPS Regional Heads, ensuring industry-leading and sustainable patient access solutions, productive operations, uninterrupted supply of product and efficient use of resources aligned with the socio-economic environment and disease-management paradigms in the Region to support meeting or exceeding the continent's access and revenue goals
- Develops/ adapts value propositions and pricing and cost-effectiveness models for Gilead's products in close collaboration with Medical Affairs
- Reviews and provides input on pricing proposals and provides support for innovative contracting
- Identifies education and support needs of Gilead's commercial Patient Access Partners related to sustainable access solutions, product training, disease education, regulatory topics, and then drives the deployment of these interventions, working with external parties (KOLs, MoH, etc.) as well as internal functions
- Oversees onboarding of new commercial Patient Access Partners and identifies needed operational improvements to increase the efficiency of existing Patient Access Partners
- Ensures compliance by Gilead's commercial Patient Access Partners with territory restrictions contained in the contracts and proposes remediation action
- Supports the GPS Region Heads in developing business frameworks and related supply and distribution processes, based on specific regional needs
- Responsible for the annual rolling 24 months and 5-year demand forecasts for the Region, including base, upside, and downside scenarios and assumptions, aligned with the GPS overall forecast
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation, including SOPs to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of operations in the Region
- Serves as expert on specific Gilead products within the GPS business unit, liaising with the respective counterpart in the Global Marketing group, supporting the development of business cases for product launches or product-specific access programs with a view to maximizing patient access and disease management in the GPS region as well as the commercial potential of Gilead's assets in line with strategic TA objectives
- Extensive relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in global, regional or local roles, particularly in marketing, commercial operations, health economics, market access, reimbursement or pricing, with financial skills and forecasting experience being a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with ability to influence, negotiate and find alignment with stakeholders internal and external, coupled with strong interpersonal savviness
- Demonstrated excellent planning, project management and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills, and the appropriate attention to detail
- Previous work experience in Emerging Markets either in Latin America, Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe or South/Southeast Asia
- Ability to prioritize workload, resources, and manage several complex assignments at the same time
- Has an ability to effectively communicate technical and qualitative information to non-technical audiences, including senior management, through interpersonal, verbal, and written channels;
- A strong team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional, international teams, including Supply Chain, Commercial Operations, Market Access, Marketing, Public Policy/ Government Affairs, Medical Affairs, Regulatory and Communications
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision in a fast paced and changing environment across multiple time zones and geographies
- Proven track record of influencing others with impact without formal authority;
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide variety of highly complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
- Has a bachelor's degree in business, economics, international relations, public health, or related field with an MBA or Master's degree
- Fluent in English with knowledge of a second language spoken on the continent of Africa region
- Willing to travel up to 60% of time
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Senior-Director-Global-Patient-Solutions--Africa-North---West_R0018063
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency