Associate Director, Quality Policy and Systems
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere that promotes diversity, equality and inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard; where you can see and measure the results of your contributions. Our values – integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence are evident in everything we do.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Quality Policies & Systems, this individual will ensure that Quality System initiatives are appropriately coordinated to completion and will apply structured change management techniques to ensure successful adoption of large-scale transformations and key Quality System programs.
- Act as the central liaison between Quality and its stakeholders with regards to Global Procedures and other Business Enabling Documents and work closely with all functional disciplines and provide expert direction to the appropriate incorporation of current regulatory guidance, industry standards, and best practices into the Quality systems.
- Administer the yearly Quality Planning process. Track and communicate progress of Quality Plan related activities to PDM leadership including status, timelines, budgets and risk mitigation strategies to ensure completion.
- Establish communication strategies and structured organizational change management frameworks for the effective adoption of Quality Systems Programs and Technologies across PDM and its stakeholders. Identify stakeholders, assess organizational readiness and recommend change management plans that anticipate areas of resistance and maximize adoption.
- Propose and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
- Manage and develop relationships with diverse stakeholders to secure cross-functional collaboration and engagement.
- Create change narratives and communications plans that synthesize and simplify critical information with a focus on informing, engaging and connecting all employees to a larger strategic focus.
- Partner with Quality University and other learning & development forums to deploy organizational change management capabilities and advance the skill level of the Quality & stakeholder organizations
- Benchmark quality processes against performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities and implement routine process changes to improve organizational performance and operations
- Provide change management support for initiatives in partnership with stakeholder organizations across the enterprise
- Support budget creation and resource allocation decision-making within the organization
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience in project management, process analysis, process improvement.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a Master's degree
- Includes 2 years of relevant experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
Other Preferred qualifications
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts utilizing process discovery, capabilities mapping and knowledge mapping to determine change strategies
- Experience at translating requirements between IT functions and the business
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and with modern content management tools.
- Successful experience working independently and with large-scale interdisciplinary teams to achieve results
- Able to collaborate with virtual and remote team members across global time-zones
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency