Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Operations
Sr Research Associate II, Analytical Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Be able to work independently and in a team setting on assigned tasks.
- Under some supervision, selects/recommends appropriate methods and techniques; designs and executes experiments to support the assigned projects; and interprets and analyzes data from experiments with accuracy, conclusion, and impact.
- Works cross-functionally with process chemistry, formulations development, analytical method validation, release and stability groups to develop drug candidates.
- Authors and revise analytical methods, specifications, protocols, reports, and other documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly and concisely present/explain testing and analysis results to multiple internal audiences.
- Review testing data and results to ensure compliance to appropriate test methods, specifications, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and test methods, as needed.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- BA or BS degree in Chemistry or Biology with 5+ years of experience in an analytical environment.
- MS degree in Chemistry or Biology with 3+ years industry experience in an analytical environment.
- Working knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office, LIMS, LabX, electronic notebooks, DryLabs, Fusion, ASAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and GLP.
- Previous experience conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods such as UPLC/HPLC, Dissolution, KF titration, GC, DSC/TGA, particle size, XRPD, disintegration, etc.
- Hands-on working experience and understanding of experimentation and data analysis using Empower software
- Excellent technical and laboratory skills to execute analyses efficiently and reliably in analytical environments
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-II--Analytical-Operations_R0018060-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency