Director, National Accounts-Central Region
Director, National Accounts-Central Region
United States - Louisiana - Baton RougeUnited States - Alabama - Birmingham
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including cancer, HIV, and viral hepatitis. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Director, National Accounts- Central Region(Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama)
*MUST RESIDE IN LA, MI AL OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
- Analytical Skills/Problem Solving-Is consulted by others for their ability to identify, understand and analyze complex business concepts. Is forward thinking in approach and considers the effect of current action on future company outcomes. (Mentors others on how to approach process and solve complex business problems).
- Strategic Approach-Uses broad knowledge and understanding of the industry and its environment to produce coherent account strategies. Offers an alternative perspective for adding value to the organization in the emerging healthcare environment .Leverages experience and learnings to create new models and frameworks that may be less obvious to others.
- Collaborative Leadership -Provides consistent direction and prioritization and helps the team understand how their efforts support and align with the goals of other teams and the organization. Sets high expectations for optimal individual effort from all team members and promptly addresses problems that will have an impact on company objectives.Values diverse opinions even when they differ from one's own regarding and encourages all members to contribute to the development of effective work processes. Champions the group's efforts and successes within the larger organization. Is broadly viewed as a credible leader and role model for others.
- Business Acumen-Challenges the existing business plan to identify areas for potential growth.
Demonstrates the ability to create and execute strategic plans to achieve
Gilead objectives without disadvantaging the customer.
Engages in incremental give-and-take and is able to make sound decisions on short term trade-offs that will have longer term benefits. Identifies new opportunities to bring incremental value to Gilead that go beyond contracting and rebates
- Effectiveness-Takes concrete steps to build trust and credibility before critical negotiations to understand key issues which may come up. Anticipates differing viewpoints and challenges and builds responses into presentation. Skilled in ability to enter a volatile situation and create resolution that is embraced by both parties. Exhibits a high level of self awareness and is able to manage emotions in contentious situations.-Empowered to make decisions within a very broad framework, with freedom to operate requiring little oversight
- Knowledge of Account-
Understands Gilead's pipeline and is able to develop long-term corporate partnerships by incorporating cross functional input and understanding of customer's current and evolving business model. Maintains strategic relationships and partnerships with accounts based on an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their objectives and business. Understands the account's strategy through on-going dialogue about the account's long-term goals. Valued as a market trend resource by senior leadership and commercial planning within Gilead and establishes a peer relationship with customers and is viewed as a strategic partner. Develops and implements competitive account strategies. Develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment. Identifies business issues underlying customer needs and addresses these. Cultivates a network of relationships throughout the account organization. Acquires and applies strategic knowledge of the business, markets, and industries that characterize the account. Anticipates customer needs through intimate knowledge of the business and trends within the industry. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Gilead products, systems and services and applies it effectively in understanding customer business strategies, defining requirements, and offering solutions agreeable to both parties. Understands and anticipates pricing and bids made on competitor products. Identifies competitors' share of account revenue and analyzes competitor products/services. Pursues immediate resolution of issues related to the account. Proposes improvements to increase efficiency and performance within the relationship.
Collaborates across Gilead to develop account penetration strategies and customized solutions. Enlists the support of internal resources to maximize the utilization of products within account. Develops and delivers presentations to accounts on a regular basis to educate and inform to increase utilization. Conducts strategic analysis and presents findings. and strategic recommendations to senior management. Often provides work direction to others, actively calling on accounts and assists sales force where appropriate. May manage teams of cross-functional personnel to evaluate existing accounts or potential new accounts.
- Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries required
- Must understand the organization's overall sales strategy and objectives to execute account strategy for large national accounts
Expert knowledge of account management methods and strategies
- Deep knowledge of Gilead's businesses and strategies, as well as knowledge of the market, competitive environment, including critical business drivers of accounts
- Deep knowledge of the goals and objectives of the assigned product(s)/therapeutic category
- Broad knowledge of laws and regulations governing pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, and understanding of account/contract provisions
- Ability to negotiate effectively and valuably with accounts, ensuring achievement of both short and long term goals
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be a team leader, energizing individuals and teams to deliver to business objectives
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales, Pharmacy or related fields. MBA or other advanced business degree is desired
- 12+ years of experience in handing a combination of national and regional accounts supporting high volume partners or 10+ years of experience in handing a combination of national and regional accounts supporting high volume partners
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Louisiana---Baton-Rouge/Director--National-Accounts-Central-Region_R0018089-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency