United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.The Graphic Designer role will be an important part of IT's new internal creative agency and assist with communicating and marketing IT's technology launches to the company. The position is for someone with a passion for reaching people through creative design, and will play a key role within the new Transformation, Communications and Change Management team for Gilead IT. This new team will support the CIO's communications, facilitate large-scale transformation initiatives, and promote adoption of technologies throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Create eye-catching designs and pages layouts using stories, graphics and/or photos to make it easy for readers to navigate and consume information.
- Story tell in presentations through easy to understand graphics and text
- Design and produce internal campaign graphic collateral (i.e. icons, banners, and brands) to unite IT change management assets and think outside of the box to utilize innovative ways of engaging end-users.
- Assist communication and training teams by bringing a new dimension to their materials, simplifying and energizing them with the use of imagery.
- Deliver various types of content, including infographics, presentations, signage, charts and reports that can be translated across various media platforms, including print, digital, and multimedia channels.
- Create images, animations, videos and content for digital newsletters, informational web sites, and internal social/business networking applications.
- Ensure that all content is the highest quality, creative and compelling, simple to understand, and aligned with the departmental style and standards.
- Collaborate with Employee Communications and adhere to corporate branding/graphic design guidelines, while providing your own creative insights to deliver exciting content.
- Handle user interface design as needed
Basic Qualifications:High School Degree and Nine Year's Experience OR Associate's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Five Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Three Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Hands on experience in design or communication
- Hands on experience with website design, including creation of wireframes and knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of SharePoint Online capabilities and constraints when designing websites
- Proficient in using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or other design programs.
- Strong ability to simplify complex, technical concepts and making them visual and relatable
- Exceptional communication skills and experience developing and organizing content that will be distributed online (i.e. writing for the web)
- Familiarity with information architecture to support usability and findability
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to quickly learn
- Serious attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Comfort working at a fast pace and with ambiguity
- Self-motivated individual, highly collaborative and great attitude
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Manager--IT-Graphics-and-Content-Designer_R0017439-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency