Senior Business Unit Director, Oncology
Senior Business Unit Director, Oncology
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Sr. Business Unit Director (BUD), Oncology, will provide overall commercial (Marketing and Sales) leadership of the Business unit for Gilead Canada, first focused on the Canadian approval and launch of a novel therapy for triple negative breast cancer. The Sr. Business Unit Director will be accountable for building a world-class sales and marketing team, launching Gilead's presence in the solid tumor space.
The Sr. Business Unit Director will lead development of the commercial vision for the Oncology franchise and they will ensure cross functional alignment to deliver against that vision.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sr. Business Unit Director will also be a key member of Gilead Canada's Canadian Leadership Team (CLT). In this capacity, the BUD will contribute to the strategic vision and operational execution of Gilead Canada's overall business.
In this role you will:
- Build and lead the Oncology Business Unit to achieve/exceed quantitative and qualitative commercial objectives set out for the business
- Drive effective Marketing and Sales execution within the Oncology Business Unit
- Foster a productive work environment within the Business Unit and support effective alignment and engagement of the broader cross functional brand team with the objectives for the business
- Lead the development and implementation of local market strategic business plan and tactical plan of action
- Strategically deploy human and financial resources across brands and within the Business Unit to best meet business objectives
- Provide timely and thoughtful analysis and feedback on product/market conditions to a wide variety of internal 'customers' (marketing, commercial operations, senior management, etc.)
- Identify and pursues new business opportunities
- Ensure the Business Unit's compliance with Gilead operational processes and SOPs. Drive alignment of behavior within the Business Unit consistent with local laws, company values and Business Conduct policies
- Attract and retain key commercial talent for Gilead. Develop key talent within the Business Unit; by creating an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed
- Be a member of the Canadian Leadership Team, helping to shape the strategic direction, organization, processes and culture of Gilead Sciences Canada
- MBA or Advanced science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD) preferred
- 15+ years pharmaceutical industry experience demonstrating a progression from functional commercial management to levels of more integrated general management, including 5+ years of pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing management experience
- Experience as a highly successful Business Unit Director within Oncology and/or Hematology is required, including a demonstrated track record of marketing success, as demonstrated by successful product launches and/or sustained commercial growth
- Demonstrable and meaningful commercial leadership experience in the Canadian biopharmaceutical industry
- A strong and robust personal and professional network in the oncology space, adept at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders
- Additional functional experience outside of Marketing and Sales (e.g. Market Access, Business Development) is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional marketing and business plans; routinely anticipates and plans for alternative/unlikely scenarios
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Experience with communicating and negotiating with Senior Executive Management within and above country
- Track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups as well as direct reports
The ideal candidate will have significant specialty pharmaceutical experience with the proven ability to lead both a marketing and sales organization. Having a proven history of improving overall commercial effectiveness through robust analysis and strong interpersonal skills is a requirement. The ideal candidate will be comfortable building a new organization and leading their team to break new ground for the company to deliver for patients.
In terms of the core competencies required for this role, the following three are critically important for success:
- Results orientation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You will have a strong drive to meet and exceed goals, even under adverse circumstances, and is willing to take ownership of problems and make decisions to move forward. The candidate will be adept at clearly defining objectives and priorities and establishing appropriate milestones through a strong understanding of the market potential and innovative approaches. You will orchestrate the team to achieve goals, assign accountability for the component parts, incorporate disciplined processes to ensure success and nimbly handle derailments' with contingency plans and coordination.
- Team leadership. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build, develop and motivate a team as evidenced by effective hiring, coaching and mentoring of direct reports. Additionally, this individual will have a track record of successfully establishing motivational programs to gain the highest level of results. The ideal candidate will develop a culture comfortable with challenging current market paradigms to achieve and exceed goals. You will also have constructed an appropriate succession plan and process.
- Strategic Orientation. The successful candidate will be able to articulate evolving priorities for the business, spot previously unidentified market opportunities and adapt short-term plans. This includes the ability to strategically assess customer needs and build/execute specific, segmented strategies to win business across a diverse set of customers. The successful candidate will have passion for, and success in, developing commercial strategies that have measurable business impact.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Business-Unit-Director--Oncology_R0016856
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency