QA Specialist II
QA Specialist II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Working in Quality Assurance at Gilead:
Quality Assurance delivers on Gilead's commitment to bring life-changing therapies to patients through the robust QA processes and systems. Our approach is agile, innovative and collaborative and our teams are genuinely committed to the rapid delivery of safe life changing therapies. As part of the broader Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) team you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining QA within PDM, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Supports laboratory quality activities for analytical operations across the Foster City site.
- Reviews and approves quality system records (i.e. deviations, laboratory events, change management, maintenance/calibration activities) to ensure overall compliance.
- Reviews and approves qualification/validation lifecycle documents related to analytical instrumentation and computerized systems.
- Reviews and audits analytical and stability data submitted in regulatory filings.
- Proactively monitors and assures that analytical, microbiological, and stability testing programs, systems and controls are reviewed and updated as needed to assure compliance.
- Proficient in and maintains awareness of laboratory controls per FDA and EU cGMP guidelines.
- Performs a wide variety of Quality Assurance activities to ensure compliance with applicable US and international regulatory requirements.
- Review and improve existing quality procedure workflows and identify areas of improvement for efficiency.
- Query for and report out quality metrics for quarterly management reviews
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and/or Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Demonstrates working knowledge of quality assurance systems, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FDA / EMEA standards and quality systems.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of six sigma, LEAN, and root cause analysis tools used for identifying and correcting deviations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of qualification/validation activities including requirement specifications, functional and design specifications, test protocols.
- Demonstrates audit and investigation skills, and report writing skills.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and the ability to work independently and effectively in a high-paced environment with tight timelines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a GMP environment related field and a BS.
- 2 + years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/QA-Specialist-II_R0018037
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency