Senior Research Scientist Biomarker Sciences Oncology
Senior Research Scientist Biomarker Sciences Oncology
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Biomarker Sciences department is seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist (SRS) in the Immuno-Oncology therapeutic area. The SRS is responsible for leading the formation and implementation of biomarker strategies for early and/or late stage clinical programs in a matrixed team environment.
- Lead cross-functional Biomarker Teams in the execution of clinical biomarker and diagnostic strategies
- Collaborate with functional areas such as Research Biology, Clinical Research, and Clinical Data Sciences to generate, analyze, and interpret data from clinical trials and human translational studies
- Direct the development, validation, and outsourcing of biomarker assays testing specific hypotheses related to pharmacodynamics, MOA, patient response, and/or safety
- Provide expertise to project teams on appropriate biomarker and diagnostic technologies, including their scientific basis, clinical applicability, and technical or statistical considerations
- Author biomarker-specific documents, and contribute to clinical protocols and regulatory submissions
- Maintain knowledge of relevant scientific advances and the competitive landscape
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology and/or oncology, with strong scientific background in hypothesis-driven research and demonstrated ability to design, execute, and interpret experiments
- Experience in implementation of biomarker strategies in clinical stage programs; strong understanding of clinical development in solid tumors, particularly immuno-oncology, preferred
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery, assay development and validation, and translational research
- Proven ability to work independently as well as demonstrate leadership in a team environment
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Must be a motivated, strategic, and results focused self-starter who enjoys working in a demanding, dynamic environment
PhD and/or postdoctoral training immunology, cancer biology, or related medical science, and 3-10 years of relevant biopharma industry experience. Position title will be dependent on experience.
Note: This position is open to Seattle or Foster City candidates
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Senior-Research-Scientist---Biomarker-Sciences-Oncology_R0017973
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency