Global Head of Inclusion & Diversity- Executive Director
Global Head of Inclusion & Diversity- Executive Director
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Building an inclusive and diverse workforce is critical to enabling Gilead's mission - and, ultimately, will help us create a better, healthier world. We are highly committed to creating an inclusive culture, one that enables all people to do their best work and that is reflective of the diversity of our patients. At the same time, we recognize that we need to do more to accelerate our progress - for our people, for our business and for the world. The Global Head of Inclusion and Diversity is critical to ensuring that we realize this ambition and is responsible for leading an Inclusion and Diversity strategy and accompanying programs, policies, metrics and forums. As a thought leader, change agent and trusted partner, this role will collaborate across Human Resources, business leadership and key partners such as Legal and Public Affairs to bring meaningful change. This role will also be critical to our Advancing Black Leadership Strategy, providing leadership to our Employee Resource Groups and partnering with our Head of Advancing Black Equity and Community Engagement. The Global Head of Inclusion and Diversity will lead a team of Inclusion and Diversity specialists, ensuring advice, counsel and leadership on I&D strategies and ensuring I&D considerations are incorporated into decision making processes.
This role reports to the VP, Talent, Development and Inclusion and is located in Foster City, California.
- Develops an Inclusion and Diversity strategy which makes clear the priorities for Gilead and the impact we aim to achieve through our Inclusion and Diversity focus.
- Ensures programs, solutions and practices are developed and embedded in Gilead's people practices and employee experience which support and enable an inclusive culture and the value of diversity.
- Is a thought leader in Inclusion and Diversity, but is also curious and continuously seeking new thinking and practices. Leverages external thinking and research to shape our internal practices and build knowledge and awareness.
- Uses quantitative and qualitative data and pertinent insights to both measure and inform I&D efforts, identifying and advising on opportunities and challenges to be addressed.
- Serves as a critical thought partner in examining and improving internal policies, inclusive data collection and inclusive talent practices (e.g. recruitment, talent identification, performance management).
- Ensures I&D Council and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are clear on strategic impact and role in delivering on Gilead's ambitions. Creates an environment where the council and ERGs are able to share insights and experiences, learn from each other and evolve our thinking.
- Provides leadership and support to ensure ERGs are set up for effectively engage their communities and deliver on their strategic impact.
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and business leaders to evaluate effectiveness and efficiencies of I&D programs and practices in progress towards I&D goals and outcomes.
- Supports Talent, Development and Inclusion Partners and HR Business Partners in diagnosing I&D-related issues, recommending potential solutions and executing organizational interventions.
- Communications and external I&D relations: Co-develop Gilead's Inclusion communications goals and approach, including external messaging with Public Affairs.
- Partners with HR, Public Affairs and Business leaders to ensure effective and transparent communication of Gilead's inclusion and diversity goals and efforts, both internally and externally.
- Leadership: At least 15 years of relevant work experience, or experience leading a team, executing strategy that includes working with staff and senior leadership to drive aspirational outcomes in the Inclusion and Diversity space both internally and externally
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred, but not required.
- Global and cultural competence: Demonstrated intercultural experience and strong verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of I&D at both the regional and global level.
- Analytical Expertise: Utilization of data-driven approaches to develop insight and diagnose opportunities, as well as inform decision making. Uses data to develop insights and tell a compelling story.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of strategic and operational drivers of business performance and demonstrated ability to embed I&D outcomes in business strategy and performance.
- Stakeholder engagement: Demonstrated experience in engaging with and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders on I&D topics (e.g. Board members, Investors and Executives).
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence across a matrixed, global organization, responding quickly to change and adapting/operating in ambiguous environment.
- Ability to leverage data and insights to diagnose, define focus and align opportunities. Takes a systems view to challenges and opportunities.
- Takes a proactive, long term perspective in design and development of strategies to meet business needs.
- Seeks diverse perspectives, experiences and insight; creates an environment of trust and openness.
- Develops diverse and inclusive teams. Leverages the power of diversity within teams and creates an environment where new ideas and challenges are welcome.
- Has a customer focused approach and embeds into mindset, practice and methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; is able to simplify and integrate complex concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrates development focus by seeking feedback and acting on it and providing feedback to others, particularly, but not limited to one's team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Global-Head-of-Inclusion---Diversity--Executive-Director_R0018018
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency