Director, Marketing Magrolimab/Hematology
Director, Marketing Magrolimab/Hematology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including cancer, HIV, and viral hepatitis. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
The US Marketing Director Magrolimab/Hematology will play a key role in developing the strategy and tactics to support the launch and rapid growth of magrolimab, a novel immuno-oncology agent in Phase 3 development. The Marketing Director will drive the development and implementation of the US launch and will be responsible for healthcare provider strategy and delivery of marketing tactics across channels. The Director will build and develop a marketing team, manage advertising agencies, and allocate resources across the marketing mix to drive a successful US launch and rapid uptake. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced marketer with a track record of commercial success and cross-functional team leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
- Expand the healthcare provider strategy to maximize the launch of magrolimab, an exciting, first-in-class I-O therapy
- Determine and execute within optimal HCP promotional channels based on a deep understanding of customers, marketplace, competitors, and business drivers
- Design tailored marketing campaigns and messages to meet the needs of distinct HCP stakeholders
- Distill multiple sources of information (e.g., primary and secondary market research, advisory boards, competitive intelligence, etc.) into effective product strategy and tactical plans
- Lead the implementation of the tactical plan and development of key promotional resources to support launch
- Develop and lead key elements of the field sales strategic and tactical plan for the HCP audience including optimization of personal promotion execution, field team Plan of Action, and alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Facilitate the brand planning process, in collaboration with global and franchise colleagues
- Partner with creative agencies to maximize collaboration and hold them accountable to the highest standards of performance
- Identify and track key performance indicators to assess performance at launch and adjust market plans as necessary
- Proactively partner cross-functionally with other key launch stakeholders (e.g., sales, medical, market access, legal, regulatory, global commercial, and public affairs)
- Collaborate with the Promotional Review Committee to ensure marketing materials are approved for promotional use
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage performance of direct reports
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inclusion and Accountability
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience
- Strong marketing & management skills including developing marketing strategies, executing tactics, and accountability for product growth
- Ability to understand, interpret, and translate complex clinical data into clear communications
- Strategic thinker with innovative mindset and ability to make critical decisions and recommendations among a range of strategic choices
- Proven track record of leading and motivating a team that is aligned to a common vision and coach/ mentor team members to strong performance and achievement of individual career aspirations
- Strong ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and experience partnering with medical/ legal/ regulatory on promotional materials
- Agile learner with ability to adapt to evolving market dynamics
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/ priorities including budget and actual spend against budget
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting in high-visibility settings
- Sales Leadership experience preferred
- Oncology background preferred
- Global experience preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Marketing-Magrolimab-Hematology_R0017930-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency