Intern- IT Quality
Intern- IT Quality
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes creative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We have an Intern Placement available in the Information Technology Quality Metrics team, based at our Foster City office.
Work as part of the IT Quality team:
You will be Supporting modification and approval of computer system procedures, specifications and test documentation in the existing Electronic Document Management System (EDMS). Support the creation, assignment and completion of IT training requirements in the Gilead Learning Management System (LMS). Support the production and distribution of IT Quality Metrics by extracting and organizing relevant data from existing quality system databases. The role supports the delivery of IT projects, data integrity and regulatory compliance.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- You're a Super-user for Word and Adobe Acrobat functions for document creation, formatting and review
- You possess an excellent understanding of MS Excel functions for data analysis and reporting
- Complete knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and associated regulatory expectations.
- Phenomenal knowledge of quality system requirements including document control and training management
- Your knowledge of IT operations and computer system development lifecycle is excellent
- Experienced in the use and administration of electronic workflow and task management systems
- Resilient profile with the Wherewithal to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Natural Knack in Achieving goals while having the ability to engage and lead multiple partners
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
- You are at least 18years or older
- you are enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after completion of the internship (no certification programs)
- You're able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May - September
- You can work for any US company without assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Intern--IT-Quality_R0017920
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency