Medicinal Chemistry Education Specialist
We’re seeking a Medicinal Chemistry Education Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud-computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Education team, you’ll create pedagogical materials that use relevant and recent drug discovery case studies and lead workshops for researchers who are unfamiliar with computational techniques. This role will be one of scientific storytelling, requiring the ability to relay scientific achievements in an engaging and meaningful way. By showcasing our industry-leading software platform for a broad and diverse scientific audience, you’ll gain in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, which includes packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and ligand design.
Who will love this job:
- A medicinal chemistry expert who has used computational techniques for research
- An experimentalist who is ready to step away from the bench
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An dedicated team player who is self-motivated and manages time well
- An educator with deep understanding of pedagogy related to science communication
- A skilled planner who enjoys event coordination and outreach
- An enthusiastic traveler
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales workshops, including demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites and providing general scientific guidance
- Create, update, and disseminate content for workshops
- Stay informed about cutting-edge scientific research to keep workshop materials pertinent and engaging
- Work across an array of teams to collaborate on projects
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related field
- Experience with using molecular modeling in drug discovery research
- A few years of medicinal chemistry or drug discovery industry experience preferred
In addition to a PDF resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for three years running.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.