Sr Associate Scientist/Research Scientist, HTP Biology HIV
Sr Associate Scientist/Research Scientist, HTP Biology HIV
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
We are seeking a motivated and collaborative individual with solid experience in anti-viral and/or cell-based assay automation to join our High Throughput Biology & Screening group. The candidate will play a high impact role in automating and performing high throughput HIV antiviral and virus neutralization assays to support discovery projects from lead optimization to clinical drug development stages on broad drug target classes and treatment modalities working in an exciting and fast-paced environment. He/She will independently generate, analyze, communicate and present results to project teams. In this role, he/she will represent our functional area on multidisciplinary anti-HIV and HIV Cure project teams to drive drug discovery research on both anti-HIV small molecule and biologics programs.
- Conduct 384 well plate-based high throughput in vitro HIV antiviral and virus neutralization assays in a BSL2+ lab.
- Perform HIV anti-viral drug combination studies and analyse data with MacSynergy application.
- Independently program, operate and trouble-shoot workstation and multi-component robotic systems.
- Maintain a cutting edge awareness of technical developments as well as scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve assay and workflow performance.
- Serve as team or core team member by representing High Throughput Biology on project teams on anti-HIV discovery project teams.
- Prepare clear and accurate scientific and technical reports.
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations to project teams and R&D management.
- May manage junior associates.
- Proven record of developing and executing HIV antiviral and virus neutralization assays highly desired
- Solid experience with 384 well plate based high throughput screening and assay automation.
- Tissue culture experience.
- Proven ability to independently plan and execute experiments, interpret and analyzes data.
- Proven ability to present results and findings in formal settings including project team meetings.
- Proven ability to write scientific and technical reports or create poster presentations.
- Experience in HBV and respiratory virus infectious disease is preferred.
- Hands on experience with state of the art assay technologies both biochemical and cell based including TR-FRET, FP, Alpha Screen, luciferase reporter gene assays, flow cytometry and/or high content imaging essential.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, collaborative, matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills (oral and written) are required.
- People and project management experience desired.
- 14+ years of experience with BS or 13+years with MS in virology, cell biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Level is flexible commensurate on candidate's experience.
- MS or BS degree with extensive industry experience and a track record of positive impact on project goals. PhD with 0-3 yrs may be considered for Research Scientist level.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Associate-Scientist--HTP-Biology---HIV_R0017794-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency