Sr. Director, G&A FP&A
Sr. Director, G&A FP&A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.The Senior Director will head G&A finance, and will partner with Gilead leadership in all G&A functions including Legal, HR, Facilities, IT, Finance and Corporate Affairs to support strategic planning and drive financial forecasting, reporting & analysis on a global basis.Key Responsibilities
- Be a strategic partner to all the G&A function leaders and provide consultation and advice relating to business plans and new projects.
- Be a thought partner to our CIO to help drive and transform the CFO organization by enabling insights, adopting leading digital solutions, rationalizing existing services, and championing new capabilities.
- Provide financial analysis to support tactical and strategic decision making - e.g. input to business cases, cost analysis, what if scenarios, etc. as stipulated by the needs of the business.
- Direct team of finance professionals supporting all G&A functions on a global basis to develop robust and actionable annual and quarterly forecasts and work with Finance and Accounting Teams to oversee the monthly financial close and deliver robust monthly reporting that highlights key business drivers and risks. Collaborates with other Finance functions in the development, review and approval key planning drivers. Present to key executive level business partners.
- Champion report automation and data visualization for dashboards.
- Responsible to hire, supervise and coordinate the efforts and actions of finance personnel and ensure the accuracy, timeliness and appropriateness of all financial reports.
- Monitor and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial systems and processes and drive improvements.
- Support monthly close and quarterly earnings process.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A confident finance professional, MBA/CPA/Chartered Accountant qualification preferred, with 14+ plus years of post-qualification financial planning experience.
- Experience in strategic financial planning function in technology company and / or on driving projects related to innovation in analytics and reporting is preferred.
- SAP systems experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills are important and an ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, committed to driving change and to continually improving processes and results.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities are important combined with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Commercially aware and adept at communicating across a wide number of departments and at managing priorities and multiple tasks to meet deadlines in time critical periods.
- Must be an independent self-starter who is effective in a fast-paced environment and the ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Essbase and Oracle EBS preferred.
- Experience in dashboard platforms (Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire).
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--G-A-FP-A_R0017803-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency