Senior Director, Vendor Management Organization
Senior Director, Vendor Management Organization
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Vendor Management Organization to oversee $200M+ in software spend for a large IT organization including driving strategy and maintaining accountability for the day-to-day management of the company's most strategically important vendor relationships. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned VMO leader to join a great organization and facilitate and maintain vendor relationships between businesses and suppliers, negotiate contracts, create vendor standards, and ensure the organization's spend is used for the best purposes. This role will report directly to the Head of IT Business Operations.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills
- Manage the vendor community for the full IT organization including serving as the single point of contact with the leadership team, general population, vendors, and other organizations
- Ensure the best commercial rates, protective contracts, optimization of licensing, and compliance to contracts
- Stand up a software asset management platform to ensure the company is using what it needs and not purchasing overage
- Partner with Procurement/Sourcing organization to drive software cost to the top quartiles in benchmarking and save significant money compared to current spend
- Have a significant understanding and grasp of the full vendor landscape and be able to answer ad hoc questions
- Support the centralization of software and hardware spend
- Partner with enterprise architecture and other organizations to understand the software landscape and remove redundancy
- Assist with providing information for vendor negotiations and research and vet spend requests
- Oversee all performance management, metrics and dashboards and run QBRs to measure performance
- Create a renewal process that begins 90 days prior to renewal date
- Reduce labor and software tails to get to preferred number of partners
- Work with labor partners to create the right mix of high cost and low cost resourcing to ensure quality of deliverables as well as the best pricing possible
- Oversee end-to-end vendor activities including understanding the intricacies of each technology, process, software, and tool being outsourced and driving the appropriate sourcing strategy, relationship management, vendor landscape, renewal and pipeline management, negotiations, reporting and analytics, and performance management.
- Drive the continued development of the vendor management framework, ensure timely completion of critical milestones, and take ownership of high impact projects.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Drive focus and prioritization through establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes.
- Lead governance and execution of Vendor Management operations including mapping to strategy and dashboard measures.
- Facilitate operations and usage of a comprehensive set of data and financial detail to inform decision making.
- Stay current with developments in new trends and innovations in technology.
- Regularly review costs and cost structures for services and products so that the financial implications communicated.
- Oversee the management of strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience OR PhD and Twelve Years' Experience
- Hands on experience in IT and business/industry
- Hands on leadership responsibilities in a vendor management organization
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport, and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Senior-Director--Vendor-Management-Organization_R0017694-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency