Middleware Technical Lead
Middleware Technical Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Middleware Technical Lead is a hands-on individual contributor role and will be accountable for the secure, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of Middleware platforms, related applications, hardware and software in order to ensure that system performance and availability expectations as specified by the business owner and IT are met or exceeded. This role is also accountable for the successful delivery of all relevant system related upgrades. This position is also responsible as a delivery lead based on the project needs and is responsible for the technical integrity of delivering projects while providing technical guidance to business customers and collaborating with other project leads (Architects, IT leads, boundary application SMs, consultants) and ensuring all the standards are followed.
- Maintain & enhance Middleware solutions developed using but not limited to Dell Boomi, Oracle SOA, APIGEE.
- Overall technical lead for all Middleware solutions.
- Accountable for overall business user satisfaction related to system functionality and performance against fit for purpose requirements.
- Accountable for establishing system roadmap, including understanding the implications for the current and future solution landscape.
- Plays an active role during the Project Delivery phase. As a product owner, reviews and approves all the application documentation including user requirements, functional requirements and design specification according to applicable standard operating procedures.
- Owns the overall technical solution for designated systems and ensure system performance, deployment and functionality. Ensures that the system architecture is in compliance with IT architecture roadmap and standards
- Works with the Business Continuity Program, to drive effective planning and implementation of disaster recovery and back-up procedures according to business requirements
- Works with Information Security to plan and implement information security and control structures in accordance with data privacy or information security policy
- Accountable for system periodic reviews and server maintenance to ensure reliable operations, compliance (SOX & GxP) and inspection readiness
- Partners with Quality Security & Compliance QSC to ensure that the system is validated, upgraded, operated and maintained in compliance with relevant SOPs and to achieve the highest level of system inspection readiness
- Accountable for working with BPO, IT Compliance (for non-GxP systems) or QA (for validated systems) to identify the appropriate System Life Cycle model based on applicable regulatory requirements prior to presenting estimates for input to new system business case or change implementation plans
- Leads or assists with scoping, identification of project deliverables, project time estimations, resource level estimations and ensure that the creation of project- specific documentation such as technical specifications are produced
- Defines technical strategies by performing evaluations, proof of concepts and assessments on the various technical aspects of the proposed project solution
- Owns the delivery of the overall technical work stream or one or more technical modules of the project under development by leading and managing the technical delivery team. Understands the end-to-end technical architecture for the solutions being developed
- Acts as a point of technical escalation and resolution during the project lifecycle as it relates to technical decisions
- Provides technical consulting and mentorship to coach, train and guide new or junior IT staff.
- Serves as an advocate and endorses and enforces technological best practices in collaboration with solution architects
- Facilitates and coordinates technical guidance to IT senior staff, working closely with solution architects and engineers
- Ensures that technical delivery is in compliance with architecture and technical standards
- Develops, documents and shares technical delivery best practices.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and advancements in relevant technology
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Hands-on working experience on Middleware tools such as Boomi, APIGEE, SOA
- On-prem/cloud hybrid experience using Middleware tools
- Hands-on experience in managing GxP & SOX solutions
- Hands-on DevOps & Agile delivery experience
- Experience managing consultants and providing technical recommendations
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects & priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in pharma industry is a plus
- Relevant technical certification is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Manager-Middleware-Platform-Lead_R0017561-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency