IT Project Manager Operations
IT Project Manager Operations
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of
the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology,
Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will
also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
Responsible for orchestrating project resources and activities in the end-to-end execution and delivery of one or more projects, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, transition to Operations, and close. Develops project plan, resource plan, and budget. Actively manages the execution of the project, assigning tasks to project resources, managing project scope, schedule, budget, risks, issues, and quality to meet deliverables and commitments.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Project Management & Coordination for IT Operations and Process Improvement Initiatives
- Project Coordinator for Emterprise platforms and Analytics Teams
- Financial Management for IT Teams, including Headcount and performing partial rotation in Security/Cyber role
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with business and IT team members and vendors
- Develops project plan, resource plan, and budget
- Actively manages the execution of the project, assigning tasks to project resources, managing project scope, tasks, budget, and quality to meet deliverables and commitments
- Oversees RFP/RFI processes and procuring of external resources and services
- Ensures completion of risk, security, regulatory compliance, architecture, disaster recovery, ROI, and other mandated assessments
- Facilitates project team and steering meetings with documented minutes and follow up actions
- Proactively manages project risks, issues and escalations
- Manages and maintains centralized project document repository
- Ensures all deliverables and commitments are compliant with relevant standards, processes, and methodology
- Prepares for and ensures project passes required stage gate reviews
- Executes project communications and reporting as needed
- Provides accurate, timely and transparent status updates to all levels of the business and IT
In Agile team:
- Collaborates with capability/product owners to ensure the product backlog is well-groomed and ready for the next sprint.
- Helps capability/product owners in making the right decisions
- Tracks and provides capability/product and team metrics
- Chairs daily stand-ups and sprint planning
- Empowers the team by removing impediments to progress
- Acts as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences
- Enables collaboration between all different roles
- Helps team choose and adhere to the right agile development techniques and toolsets
- Coaches on agile and scrum
- Maintains transparency and neutrality, ensuring team adheres to its chosen process
- High School and Nine Years Experience OR Associates Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Five Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Three Years' Experience
- Expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques
- In-depth knowledge of Software Lifecycle Methodology and Agile Methodology
- Expertise in project financial management
- Solid experiences with stakeholder management and vendor management
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams
- Ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to bring order, governance and structure to a project
- Comfortable with engaging and managing multiple stakeholders at various levels to achieve project objectives, without formal authority
- Strong verbal and written communications.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/IT-Project-Manager-Operations_R0017676-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency