Identity and Access Management Lead
Identity and Access Management Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Senior IT Security Manager is a key member of the Information Security and Compliance team and works closely with cross functional IT and business led IT teams to ensure that all applications and systems are built, maintained and protected in accordance with identity and access governance process, policies, standards, and compliance requirements so that the risk is managed appropriately. The candidate will assist with developing and implementing the desired end state of the Information Security and Privacy programs within Identity and Access management landscape.
As part of the Security Operations team, the Sr. IT Security Manager will provide end-to-end daily support and participate in projects for all Identity and Access Management solutions. Daily operation and project responsibilities will include working with system owners across the organization to onboard IAM services onto their system landscape.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understanding of Account and Identity Management to support the Onboarding and Offboarding process.
- Support of Privileged Access systems and management.
- Support multi-factor authentication process, and partner with the Active Directory team to support Cloud initiatives, Azure Active Directory, and O365.
- Support Single Sign on implementation.
- Assess alerts, research patch activity, and recommend appropriate remediation for patching Windows / Linux / Oracle
- Manages an area of the IT Security Management Program that impacts multiple departments internal and external to IT, sets goals and objectives, tracks and communicates status, acts as spokesperson to business partners and colleagues on program subject area.
- Identifies security processes and standards across IT that would benefit from improvement.
- Proposes new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security, compliance and risk management activities.
- Benchmarks innovative solutions as a method of monitoring progression to ensure value is being created and is consistent with organizational goals, objectives and standards.
- Leads the security design of projects that entail large risk and widespread implications to the business.
- Reports status on activities, issues, projects, etc. to senior IT management, including the effectiveness and efficiency of security activities.
- Works with IT, Quality Assurance, and business colleagues to ensure audit readiness, and to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Reviews security documents and project artifacts for complex situations.
- Assesses and manages compliance risks across the organization, escalating to senior management as necessary.
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- High level understanding of Identity Management platforms and Privileged Identity Management
- Development skills with Beanshell, C#, SQL, Powershell.
- Strong knowledge of desktop, server, application, database, and network principles.
- Strong knowledge of modern and leading IAM solutions
- Bachelor's degree plus 8+ years of IT and/or Security related experience.
- IT Security Certification (e.g., CISSP)
- Recognized as a key resource in the design and execution of security systems, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the security principles, mechanisms, and technical architectures.
- Possesses deep and broad compliance and regulatory expertise that can be applied across multiple business units and geographies.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of health authority regulation (e.g., GxP, 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11) and their requirements to IT Security procedures and technology.
- Understands future trends in regulatory compliance and disseminates them throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Mid-level system and network security fundamentals.
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas of IT security.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills .
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills in a matrix distributed organization working closely with cross-functional groups.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Identity-and-Access-Management-Lead_R0017601
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency